What is your take on ACV-Apple Cider Vinegar?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar is useful in cooking and as a condiment. It can be a great inexpensive non-toxic cleaner around your home.
    It does nothing for weight loss unless it helps you consume fewer calories.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    nanacantgo wrote: »
    I have been taking the kind with " the mother " It has cleaned me out lol. Has also leveled my blood pressure.

No it hasn't
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Apple cider vinegar is useful in cooking and as a condiment. It can be a great inexpensive non-toxic cleaner around your home.

If you're going to use vinegar as a household cleaner, why wouldn't you use a cheap gallon bottle of ordinary white distilled vinegar instead? No criticism implied. Genuinely curious.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I use it for salad dressing, I get an organic one from Trader Joes, I really like it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    OldHobo wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »

If you're going to use vinegar as a household cleaner, why wouldn't you use a cheap gallon bottle of ordinary white distilled vinegar instead? No criticism implied. Genuinely curious.

Because I have a giant bottle of apple cider vinegar and sometimes use it for multiple things. The price difference between the same brand and size bottle is something like $0.50.
    I also have some white vinegar but this thread was about apple cider vinegar.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I drink a tbs every night before bed to help me go to the bathroom in the morning. It works wonders. As for weightloss, I doubt it.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Your body regulates your PH level very well. There is only a miniscule range and if you are out of it you are pretty much dead. Food doesn't alter your PH level.

This.

What I believe it steams from, the idea of alkaline diet, is that they found sick people have an acidic ph level. What the proponents want to believe is that the diet caused the illness, not the illness causing the ph to be out.

For that matter, even if you did want to increase your pH for some reason, there's a very easy way to actually do it (vinegar wouldn't do a thing). Hyperventilate. Notice how you feel like passing out? That's alkalosis.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Your body regulates your PH level very well. There is only a miniscule range and if you are out of it you are pretty much dead. Food doesn't alter your PH level.

This.

What I believe it steams from, the idea of alkaline diet, is that they found sick people have an acidic ph level. What the proponents want to believe is that the diet caused the illness, not the illness causing the ph to be out.

For that matter, even if you did want to increase your pH for some reason, there's a very easy way to actually do it (vinegar wouldn't do a thing). Hyperventilate. Notice how you feel like passing out? That's alkalosis.

Huh. Really? I've learned something today.