Replies

• Markjames82
    Markjames82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Seems like cheesecake is popular
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    The one's my husband bakes. He has a "cheesecake bible" cookbook and makes pretty much any kind you could ever want. And his always come out light and creamy not heavy thick (and gross) like the store bought and/or Cheesecake Factory cakes! My faves of his are the cappuccino flavored and peppermint or chocolate mint flavored, although his pumpkin flavored and chocolate flavored are very close runner ups!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    The ones I don't have to make myself. I do prefer ones without fruit topping. If you want a specific type, there's a very popular one here called Chocolate Eruption.
    3fde79e2ded4b7e0810032f0e2f588b4.jpg
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Wait, red velvet exists in cheesecake!?!?

Pretty much any flavor exists in cheesecakes, even ones you don't want... the "cheesecake bible" I referenced in my above comment includes: Salmon flavored and Chives & Dill flavored... we HAVE NOT tried those ones, LOL
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    My friend's pear cheesecake. Just lightly pear, still so...oh dangit now I want cheesecake.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I am from Chicago, so there's no better cheesecake than Eli's.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory red velvet is so good. A coconut creampie cheese cake is one of the best ove ever had. I love sicilian cheesecakes its a little different then american as it uses ricotta.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    The ones I don't have to make myself. I do prefer ones without fruit topping. If you want a specific type, there's a very popular one here called Chocolate Eruption.

Wow. That looks good. I agree about not liking the ones with fruit topping. My cheesecake opinion is, if it's not chocolate, why eat it?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Wow. That looks good. I agree about not liking the ones with fruit topping. My cheesecake opinion is, if it's not chocolate, why eat it?

Depends, I find most chocolate cheesecakes just too dense and rich for me!

A good caramel cheesecake would be my favorite but both the dulce de leche and salted caramel ones from Cheesecake Factory were a huge let down.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

A good caramel cheesecake would be my favorite but both the dulce de leche and salted caramel ones from Cheesecake Factory were a huge let down.

My problem with CF is that there are so many choices and I know that I like 1 or 2 so I get them instead of risking ordering something that I won't like. I wish they had a sampler--maybe get 3 mini slices so I could get 1 that I know for sure that I like and then try 2 others.
  • Angelajgay11
    Angelajgay11 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    When I was 17 years old, I ate this cheesecake that was perfect. My friends mom made it. It was creamy, and she sprinkled a little melted chocolate on top. It was so good. I was in an experimental phase in my life though so a little Mary Jane had been partaked in. That probably made it taste better.

Unfortunately, I woke up the next morning to see that it was a frozen piece of cheesecake with Hershey's on top...but the night before, it tasted like bliss...

I had a similar experience with vodka and a burnt Domino's pizza. But I'm veering from the cheesecake theme - which is one dessert I can (surprisingly) pass on. But you guys are tempting me!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

My problem with CF is that there are so many choices and I know that I like 1 or 2 so I get them instead of risking ordering something that I won't like. I wish they had a sampler--maybe get 3 mini slices so I could get 1 that I know for sure that I like and then try 2 others.

Agreed! But out of the 6 I've tried in the past 3 years, there's only 2 I would even consider ordering again. And yeah I really wish they made smaller slices. I don't even get dessert there anymore unless someone wants to share with me.

There's a small cheesecake shop in the area that makes pretty tasty ones though, and the pieces are twice smaller, so it's my go-to when I crave cheesecake. I want to make some but I just don't trust myself with a whole cheesecake.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro - original cheesecake.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Well, my 14 year old son made this layered cheesecake over the weekend with cheesecake layered with texas chocolate sheet cake with butterscotch that was yummy. All homemade ... where the kid got the idea from, I don't know but it was surprisingly good. I am still surprised he has the patience to do it all :)
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My dad makes an Irish Cream and a Dulce de Leche cheesecake every Christmas. Still can't decide which one is better.

But I've never had a bad cheesecake. Except for that no-bake stuff. Putting cream cheese in something does not make it cheesecake. If it has Jell-O or Cool Whip it is NOT cheesecake and people who call it cheesecake are deluded. (Sorry, Grandma.)
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I had a Key Lime Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory once. It was quite tasty!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I don't normally like cheesecake
    tgd1x2shbzkp.jpgbut I had an exceptional one at the weekend in a local eatery. ...Snickers cheesecake :smiley: , it wasn't one of those horrible baked ones either, it was light and delicious ...yum!
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Every.single.cheesecake
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    In an Italian restaurant I worked at many years ago they made theirs fresh with an old recipe.

No ridiculous waste of space/taste crust of graham or anything of that sort.

Just pure, lightly sweetened, luscious, rich, creamy cheesecake.

They did offer a fresh raspberry reduction to those who like sauce.

It needed absolutely no sauce.

Never had another that even came close.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Turtle cheesecake or a chocolate & peanut butter cheesecake.