Loose skin after weight loss

Options
Has anyone around my age of 34 not had loose skin after losing 80 to 100 pounds fairly quickly? Ive lost almost 70 lbs now and still have 20 or so to go....i dont see loose skin yet but im still 232 pounds and just shy of 6 feet tall. Yes i do a lot of weights and core training but still worried that ill never get the six pack look without surgery. I know the best way to help with loose skin is to have a lot of muscle...and i know i still have a lot of fat because my waist is still 44.5 inches.
So anyone have a six pack with little to no sagging skin?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have a six pack and loose skin. I weighed 265 pounds at my heaviest (I was pregnant) and I got down to 155 pounds. I lost the weight slow, but I still have extra skin. Thankfully it tucks into my shorts or bikini bottoms.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    All of us that have lost 100+ pounds have it. Not much you can do but give it time. Keep hydrated (lots of water each day), exfoliate as often as possible, and give it time. After a couple of years at maintenance if it's still there either we have to just live with it, or consider surgery. Surgery is expensive and can lead to weight gain again if you have a long recovery. So weigh those options and have patience. ;)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have loose skin. Thankfully it can be tucked into my bikini bottoms so most people won't notice it (profile pic). When I'm in a plank position though, it's not pretty. Though I am thinking about surgery to get rid of it, but I will give it a year or 2 and see what happens. While I'm waiting to see what happens I'm saving for the surgery. Either I will have it or I will have the money to take my family on a nice vacation. My highest weight was 260 lbs (6 weeks after my first pregnancy) and I'm in the low 120's now. Just started recomp about 3 weeks ago.

• tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have loose skin and have lost a lot of weight .it's not as bad as I thought it would be considering how much I've lost and I've had 2 kids .
    I can tone it up if I choose to so that's my next challenge :)
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes, when you lose 70 pounds in 5 months with 40 of it over 2 months you will have loose skin.
  • mindylise
    mindylise Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've found a product that has helped me aND a few of my friends. exercises is amazing but then I needed a little help as well just to tighten up a bit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lost 80 pounds at 34/35 and I have loose skin. Sorry.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    mindylise wrote: »
    I've found a product that has helped me aND a few of my friends. exercises is amazing but then I needed a little help as well just to tighten up a bit.

What product?
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

What product?

You do realise nothing will permanently help apart from plastic surgery.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

I gotta know, which product?
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I gotta know, which product?

My bet is on some form of mlm wrap..
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, lost 100 pounds relatively slowly (about a year and a half), and I not only have loose skin, but I have a "flap." Have you seen Click with Adam Sandler? Yeah, it's like that. But it is what it is. I don't worry about it too much though, because it's covered with clothes, and I'm so much better off now than I was 100 pounds ago.
  • kayybot21
    kayybot21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It seems that most people are referring to belly skin.. I am on my journey to losing over 100lbs and I have pretty big "batwing" upper arms.. Will they result in hanging lose skin eventually even though I am doing weight training or do people not really see that often?
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    3 quarter sleeves are my friends.