Accurate?

Options
When you put in your activity level and how much you want to lose s week are the calories then taken out of your daily consumption?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you filled everything out correctly, then the number of calories mfp gives you is the amount your should eat to lose weight. Is that what you were asking??
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Arucard5 wrote: »
    When you put in your activity level and how much you want to lose s week are the calories then taken out of your daily consumption?

Pretty much. MFP starts with your NEAT (Non-exercise activity thermogenesis) then takes calories away based upon "I want to lose XX pounds per week." Takes away 250 for 1/2 pound, 500 for 1 pound, etc.

Then MFP adds back exercise calories as you log them.

Things people struggle with.....your activity level (without exercise) is actually a range of activity. Exercise calorie burns are estimates. The food you log is most likely an estimate also. Those that weigh food & double check MFP entries will be much more accurate.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i chose sedentary as my activity level and add exercise or let endomondo or fitbit add it for me.
  • Arucard5
    Arucard5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes Christine lol I had to make sure that I can eat all of these calories without worry I aim to lose 2 pounds a week I'm active so my calorie intake is 1980
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Arucard5 wrote: »
    Yes Christine lol I had to make sure that I can eat all of these calories without worry I aim to lose 2 pounds a week I'm active so my calorie intake is 1980

Well you're good to go :smiley: