I think i will see my dr.

Options
I think i will consult my mental health professional to try to figure out what is going on with me. I will take the advice of people on here and do it.
I mean ive lost almost 70 pounds in 4 months and 10 days. Im now 232 or 231. The reality for me is that i dont find it very hard to burn 2000 calories everyday through excercise...in fact it is enjoyable.
But i realize that is seriously messed up and i should get help before i end up dead or something else.
Its just i used to burn 2000 to 3000 calories everyday for 3 years so its just part of what i do.
I guess its excercise addiction.
Does anyone know how this is treated or has had a similar experience themselves?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    what are you doing to burn the 2000 calories a day?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    That's like 4 or 5 hours of exercise per day. That's a lot...
  • derek1237654
    derek1237654 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    what are you doing to burn the 2000 calories a day?

I do this everyday: 750 kettlebell swings in around an hour or less. Plus some bodyweight excercises. I do 60 minutes of intense elliptical and weights ...and i know i burn this many because for the past 45 days this is what ive done and ibe lost 31.5 pounds. And when i factor in food eaten i am burning 2000 calories in 2.5 hours.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    That's about 14 cals a minute. That's....um...a lot.
  • derek1237654
    derek1237654 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    That's about 14 cals a minute. That's....um...a lot.

When you factor in the post workout anaerobic burn its definately possible
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    No matter what anyone else is commenting on here, yes, go talk to your doctor. If you feel like you need the help, you should.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy the exercising and have such a good understanding of the calories you expend doing it, why not just ramp your present dietary intake upward with a plan to intercept your maintenance needs at about the time you reach your goal weight? Your protein is already too low (aim for 1mg/kg body weight/day) and that's a great place to start. Add to your present daily intake 8 oz of protein-rich food. The non-salt-injected variety of chicken costs a lot more, but is a lot easier to eat in high volume. That's the scale of change you need to make right away.
    You don't describe yourself in a way to make me think you have a mental problem.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    By the way, you and I are about the same weight today and I'm losing weight too fast. You're losing weight much faster than I.