Fast food cave in

Options
2»

Replies

• JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    If you are going to eat at MC Donalds one good way to cut calories is no bun nothing fried a plain hamburger no bun is your best option or one of there salads no dressing. However you did good

I think they call that the "Sadness combo". Because that's what it would taste like. It comes with a medium iced cup of zero-calorie human tears.

I hear it's a favorite of this guy:

07e3d3de00d0224fdb1b32172ae08b0b.jpg
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    If you are going to eat at MC Donalds one good way to cut calories is no bun nothing fried a plain hamburger no bun is your best option or one of there salads no dressing. However you did good

I think they call that the "Sadness combo". Because that's what it would taste like. It comes with a medium iced cup of zero-calorie human tears.

I hear it's a favorite of this guy:

07e3d3de00d0224fdb1b32172ae08b0b.jpg

Bahahahahahahahahaha! LOVE THIS! Too funny!
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm not seeing the problem? I ate fast food several times a week during my weight loss phase. Still continue to eat fast food several times a week, now 3 years into maintenance. As long as you're staying within your calorie targets there's no reason to feel bad about enjoying a meal out.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Something like eating fast food may concern you not specifically because of that specific meal, even if it fits in your calories, but concern that you may end up falling down that slippery slope into poor eating habits again. That would bug me, at least. But that's when I remind myself this is a lifestyle change, and it's not realistic to think I would be perfect for the rest of my life. So recovering from a bump in the road is an important skill to master.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't consider this as a failure. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your Cravings once in awhile. The trick is not to get into the habit of doing it a couple times a week.

If you approach this as a lifestyle change instead of a diet you'll succeed. Diets have a negative connotation you sacrifice and you have to give up things and most people when they go on a diet they're miserable.

Look at this from a long-term perspective. One McDonald's hamburger over the course of a few weeks isn't going to blow your goals.

I ate out several times a week, and had no problem losing over 50lbs and improving every single health marker. Now I'm 3 years into maintenance and I still eat out several times a week. I still have excellent health markers and still maintaining the weight loss. In the past 72 hours I've eaten fast food 3 times and tomorrow for lunch I'm eating out again. To each their own ;)
  • DoreenaV1975
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You shouldn't consider this as a failure. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your Cravings once in awhile. The trick is not to get into the habit of doing it a couple times a week.

If you approach this as a lifestyle change instead of a diet you'll succeed. Diets have a negative connotation you sacrifice and you have to give up things and most people when they go on a diet they're miserable.

Look at this from a long-term perspective. One McDonald's hamburger over the course of a few weeks isn't going to blow your goals.

I ate out several times a week, and had no problem losing over 50lbs and improving every single health marker. Now I'm 3 years into maintenance and I still eat out several times a week. I still have excellent health markers and still maintaining the weight loss. In the past 72 hours I've eaten fast food 3 times and tomorrow for lunch I'm eating out again. To each their own ;)

@ReaderGirl3 Just by this comment alone I think we should be friends... LOL
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    No food we is inherently evil, it's when we start thinking food is evil that there's a problem and there's this weird associated guilt. I enjoy getting an ice cream cone from McDonalds. :smiley:
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    No food we is inherently evil, it's when we start thinking food is evil that there's a problem and there's this weird associated guilt. I enjoy getting an ice cream cone from McDonalds. :smiley:

True story!
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I eat Taco Bell sometimes because the heart wants what it wants. As long as you're within your calorie goals, don't beat yourself up! Enjoy.

We eat Taco Bell about every other week during baseball season. In AZ, if the Dbacks score 5 runs or more, the next day you get 3 free tacos with the purchase of a large drink. Not a bad deal I would say!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    Hollisg429 wrote: »
    Well I have went one month dodging the golden arches and today at lunch I caved. I had a fish sandwich and small fry. I logged everything and I still have 450 calories for dinner. Why then do I feel as though I failed myself today?

I don't know. I eat fast food at least once a week and a lot of times it is McDonald's. It hasn't stopped me from losing 48 pounds. As long as you stay at your calorie goal it is fine to eat fast food sometimes. Don't beat yourself up. It's not like you ate 3 Big Macs in one sitting.