Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Department Store Horror Stories?

2»

Replies

• yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I went to Target to buy the book Fifty Shades of Grey for my sister's birthday gift. As I was checking out, the nosy cashier questioned, "You DO know what this is about, don't you?" To which I replied, "Why, yes I do. And what I purchase is none of your business. Thank you very much."

Ugh! Nosy cashiers are one of my biggest pet peeves! They're always asking me, "So is this any good?" or "Why are you buying so many of these?" or "What do you plan to do with this?" I really wish managers would train their retail employees to MYOB!

They do train them.....to be friendly and chatty. When I worked at a Joann fabrics I always asked what the material was for and we'd chat about quilting or Halloween costumes. If such simple questions annoy you there is always Amazon. I will 100% buy from Amazon before wasting my time at Wal-Mart.

There's a big difference between friendly and nosy. And I was at Target, not Wal-Mart. I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I went to Target to buy the book Fifty Shades of Grey for my sister's birthday gift. As I was checking out, the nosy cashier questioned, "You DO know what this is about, don't you?" To which I replied, "Why, yes I do. And what I purchase is none of your business. Thank you very much."

Ugh! Nosy cashiers are one of my biggest pet peeves! They're always asking me, "So is this any good?" or "Why are you buying so many of these?" or "What do you plan to do with this?" I really wish managers would train their retail employees to MYOB!

They do train them.....to be friendly and chatty. When I worked at a Joann fabrics I always asked what the material was for and we'd chat about quilting or Halloween costumes. If such simple questions annoy you there is always Amazon. I will 100% buy from Amazon before wasting my time at Wal-Mart.

Aside from the great deals and huge variety, THIS is my favourite part about shopping there. Want to get on a crafter's good side? Get excited about what they're making.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    adremark wrote: »
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    I went into the dressing room at an Express and someone had taken a dump on the floor. True story.

I went to Wal-Mart and was looking for kitchen storage jars to put flour and sugar in and asked 4 different workers what isle I could find the item and I was sent to all four corners of the store before I looked around and just found it myself. One woman didn't even look up from her phone she was texting on and just said it's up by the front somewhere. Really?

I went to an expensive boutique store and was looking around for a gift for my girlfriends birthday and found a Burberry handbag that was a little over $2K and a matching scarf that was around $1K and went to go check out. Little did I know that a security guy had been following me the entire time until I was heading to the register which happened to be in the same direction as the doors. The guy had the nerve to stop me and ask me what I was doing with those items. I told him that I was planning on buying them. He then walked me to the register area like he was doing me a favor. I went to purchase them and pulled out my card and the girl at the register tells me that she needs a form of identification with the card. I give her my military ID and she the proceeds to tell me that she can't run the card because I didn't sign the back and couldn't compare it to the signature on my ID. I take the card back, sign it and then hand it back to her. She then tells me that she can't run the card because it could be fraudulent. All the while the security guy is standing there. I was pissed and just walked out and drove to another city to buy the same items with no problems.

Stores like that don't deserve your business. If you're spending good money, spend it at a store who appreciates you.

Their loss. On a side note, why are women's items so expensive? It's not even jewelry. What they heck is Burberry anyway?

My favorite designer. Although I would never spend 1K on a scarf.