Which Day Of The Week

I am finding it hard to find which day of the week I should weigh myself? Is there a specific day to choose in order to lose weight.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    I think Monday's are best!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2016
    Tuesdays always give me the best weight loss. But only if I weigh before 6:30 am.
  • 891996Aa
    891996Aa Posts: 17 Member
    Personally i weighed myself every day and honestly i found it just fluctuates. As long as your eating right and exercising it won't matter if one day you are a little extra. Just make sure its not a pattern that becomes linear and constantly increments
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Every day
  • AnvilHead
    DavPul wrote: »
    You mean any week out of the year? Because if we're not factoring the the seasonal axis tilt of the earth then the best day to weigh is Tuesday.

TWINS!!!
  • dlcshan
    dlcshan Posts: 45 Member
    I weigh and record every day at https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet
    Gives me a trend line so that even if my weight fluctuates, I can still see that it's steadily moving down. Minimizes discouragement if my weight goes up a pound overnight.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Yes, Saturday mornings will yield the lowest weight.

According to who? Why? How? :smile:

I think the day is of little consequence, it's more about consistency.

I weigh myself Friday mornings, after using the toilet. Friday is normally after I have done the majority of my exercise for the week and before I eat water weight inducing foods over the weekend.

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Every day

I wish I could. I'm in a constant inertial battle of my love for data, and my hatred of NORMAL daily fluctuations.

Op, weekly, I feel I'm lightest on Saturday mornings.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Days that end with a g, in German.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

Not Wednesday then B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    I choose all the days which end in "Y". Those particular days work for me.
  • AnvilHead
    edited May 2016

Dienstag ist am besten.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Is there a specific day to choose in order to lose weight.

Today and then tomorrow and every day after that.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I am finding it hard to find which day of the week I should weigh myself?
    Any day. Every day.
    You choose.
    Is there a specific day to choose in order to lose weight.
    Nope
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    There isn't a best day. Just pick a day and be consistent with time of day, scale and conditions.
    I chose Sunday mornings. I like to start the week knowing where I am at.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Every day and I use Trendweight to see the overall trend.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    There is no single magical day to ensure you will log a loss for the week. If it bothers you that much, then weigh every day. I do and so do many others on here. If weighing daily makes you anxious or obsessive, then pick one day a week or even just one a month and weigh yourself. The single data point of one day is insignificant. It's the trend from week-to-week that matters. If you see an overall downward trend over several weeks, you are losing.

I weigh daily but only log my weight on Fridays. I tend to eat out Fridays and/or Saturdays, so Friday morning is typically my lowest weight for the week.

I was just reading your other post in which you were stressing out about stepping on the scale after vacation. You didn't respond well to the suggestions to just step on the scale and get it over with. It sounds like the number on the scale is causing you a great deal of anxiety. Maybe you shouldn't weigh yourself at all and just take measurements/focus on how you feel and how your clothes fit.