Recovering from Pancreatitis and Cholecystectomy

Options
In October I was hospitalized and I was unable to eat for 22 days. I was not given much hope to live but here I am today. I had a severe case of pancreatitis which was the after math of having an Endoscopy done in order to remove a stone from my bile duct tube. After being in the hospital and recovery for two months I then got my gallbladder removed due to inflammation/infection on Christmas Eve. Now 5 months later I am afraid of eating certain foods&doing certain excersises because I don't know what excersises I can do. I'm afraid of damaging my pancreas only because it was so sudden. Obviously it does not take just a couple of weeks for your internal stomach to heal from an abdominal surgery. A wrong move can still send you back in to the emergency room. Comment any thoughts or suggestions. I'm open to hear what you guys have to say. Only positive and helpful feedback please and thank you.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    These are questions for a doctor
  • wendycharp
    wendycharp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pinchesuci,
    I am sorry that you have gone through so much. Because of your medical struggles, I would advise you to consult your doctor to know what exercises are safe for you to do. Good luck!
  • pinchesucia
    pinchesucia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    These are questions for a doctor

I will do that, thank you
  • pinchesucia
    pinchesucia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    wendycharp wrote: »
    Pinchesuci,
    I am sorry that you have gone through so much. Because of your medical struggles, I would advise you to consult your doctor to know what exercises are safe for you to do. Good luck!

Thank you, I really appreciate it