Yet another before & after pic post

Options
xonophone
xonophone Posts: 474 Member
So the first picture is the one taken in December, by a very considerate friend, as I was eating one of her amazingly delicious homemade chocolate truffles. She posted it, as well as several others, on facebook! I was absolutely mortified! And thoroughly disgusted with myself, so much so that I used it as my MFP profile photo to keep myself motiviated until I couldn't stand looking at myself anymore.

The second photo is me, 6 months later and truffle-free since that god-awful photo, wearing something I never thought I would ever wear in public again especially at 40+ years old!

Here goes...please be kind....:blushing:

Christmastruffle.jpg

100_0659.jpg

Edited to say I don't know why only my legs are in the second photo nor do I know how to change it :( But you can see the whole photo on my profile if you are interested.

Replies

• jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are such a hottie!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    you're looking better than me thats for sure and i'm in my 30's...i HOPE i look like you in my 40's!

I second that!! Amazing and a job well done! :)
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I can only say WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Congrats. :bigsmile:
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! You look fabulous!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    You look great, amazing, wow!!!!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    You look great, amazing, wow!!!!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Red is such a hot color too! Thanks for sharing and keeping the rest of us motivated :-)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE! You look great and might I add you have some sexy legs!
  • stridersraven
    Options
    you look stunning!! go you!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Wonderful job!! You need to post your weight loss so your ticker shows it! I'm very impressed. I hope in 6 months I can even wear a swimsuit, let alone a 2 piece. You look great. (yeah I know 6 months from now it will almost be December, but if I get that small I don't care, I''ll wear one and go jump in the snow! hahaha!!)
  • mookiemoomoo
    mookiemoomoo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic well done
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow - amazing!!
  • AngelaU1971
    Options
    Wow!! You look great!! :smile:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Wow you do look great.

I think it cut you off because the pic was soo large.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I truly appreciate your generous feedback!!! My MFP journey started in December, about one or two weeks before the trufflepicture was taken. I was at a mini family reunion, wearing a new outfit that I thought I looked good in, and when I saw the photos (two of my cousins are professional photographers) I literally cried. That very weekend, I found the MFP app on my ipod touch while hanging out in the hotel room. I have been diligent ever since. I could not possibly have done it without this website and all the forums/message boards filled with helpful information, friendly feedback and suggestions by this wonderfully kind group of people I like to refer to as the MFP Family. I have tried to lose weight by counting calories before, the old fashioned way with a calorie count book, a calculator and pencil & paper. It was so tedious that I gave up, and the 7 pounds I lost that way came back and they brought friends. MFP is not the only weight loss website out there, but it is the one that I stand by and will continue to lose for as long as I am able.

Best of luck to all of you who are on your way to your goals - I KNOW you will get there and I can't wait to see your before & after pics too! :flowerforyou:
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You look stunning, well done on your acheivement. You were so right to tackle the weight problem when you did, because once you hit your 50's it's even harder to lose. Brilliant, well done again x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!