Sadly Surprised

Options
2»

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP a long time ago, and was consistent for a little bit, but kept falling off track. Around November last year, I decided to heck with it, I don't need to weigh or measure anything. If I eat healthy and exercise, I should be fine.
    I was feeling like I was eating pretty healthy. If I'm being totally honest with myself, I probably do too much snacking, and sometimes too many sweets. (But it's Organic! :P) But anyway, I've been feeling my clothes getting tight, and I've been feeling like maybe I do need to track. So I stepped on the scale this morning. Since November...I have put on...20 pounds! What!? I'm in freak out mode! I feel like clearly, I need structure! And could certainly use some support. That is one thing I feel like I can really count on here on MFP. People are so encouraging!

Measure/weigh all that you eat.
  • Everlearn
    Everlearn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think this is a general meme on here, as I'm in the same boat. Lost 60, stopped tracking, gained back 30.

Or considering the weight I put back on while not tracking, maybe it's safe to say I'm actually the boat.
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I found my weight wasn't moving in the downward direction until I added good fats to my diet.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    This may be the best thread I have found. I am right at home here. I am starring this thread, and hope everybody keeps posting so we can have a long successful supportive time of it.
  • mammahawk25
    mammahawk25 Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I could have written your post!

I lost 30 pounds using mfp starting two years ago. I felt great and thought I would do just fine with "clean eating".

I haven't weighed myself since January 1. But I know I've put on ALOT of weight. I'm sad every morning when I go to get dress and nothing fits! I'm pretty miserable.

So, tomorrow I start my new journey. I'll step on that scale and assess the damages. And then start logging again.

Counting calories is the only way I've ever been successful at losing/ maintaining weight. I just need to get in the mindset that is gong to be a lifetime commitment this time.

Would love for some friends to join me on this journey!
  • TristaOnTrack
    TristaOnTrack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I had no idea the response! You guys are all amazing! It sounds like we all know what needs to be done. We all need to track what we eat. We need to set some goals, and keep our eyes on those goals. We can do it!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @ScarletCurlz I notice that when I am logging everything I don't eat a taste of this or a bite of that. Cuz I don't want to log it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Phew! That's quite a bit since November. Time to track again :) I'm currently testing out not tracking so this was a good reminder for me to be honest with myself (as I just jammed a bagel and cream cheese down my face).