HIIT and steady state

Options
wantoldme
wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
hey guys. I just recently started doing some HIIT on the elliptical for like 10 minutes and after that I either continue on elliptical for 50 minutes or run on treadmill for 50 minutes (at steady state). I also do some hula for my core workout and recently started doing some light weights. I want to get my belly fat under control and lose about 20 pounds. I am currently 126 and want to be 105 pounds by end of September. I eat 1200 calories a day and would appreciate any advice. I have never had trouble losing weight (I have always been thin) but now that I'm 32 I feel it's getting more difficult.

Replies

• HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    To cut, TDEE - 500 calories for 1lb of weight loss per week. Though for a smaller person that's a lot, so you can do TDEE-250 calories for 0.5lbs weight loss per week. As you get lighter, you need to decrease the calories you eat or accept a slower rate of weight loss (as long as you are losing, who cares right?).

Combined with quality HIIT, you will get to where you need to go. But remember, diet >>> exercise when it comes to weight loss.
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    thank you @HamsterManV2