I FEEL LIKE I'M GAINING

I'M FRESH OUT OF IDEAS, I WORK OUT 5 DAYS A WEEK SOMETIMES 7. I'M APART OF SMALL CROSSFIT GROUP SO MY ROUTINE IS AFTER WORK A 15-20 MINUTE CROSSFIT WOD, THEN I MEET MY GYM PARTNER TO WORK ON A MUSCLE GROUP. NORMALLY I GET TO THE GYM BEFORE HER SO I WILL GET IN ABOUT 20-30 MINUTES OF CARDIO BEFORE WE START. I'M WORKING OUT ALMOST 2 - TO 2 1/2 HOURS A DAY. I'VE BEEN CALORIE COUNTING TO A T AND STICKING CLOSE TO 1200-1400 CALORIES A DAY AND LIMITING CARBS. I'M 5'1" AND I'M AT 141-143 THIS IS THE HEAVIEST I'VE BEEN. I CAN'T SEEM TO SEE ANY CHANGES IN WEIGHT AND MY INCHES ARE AT A STANDSTILL. DURING WEEK I HAVE A PRE WORK OUT AND WILL HAVE A MUSCLE MILK WHEY SHAKE FOR DINNER AND A LIGHT SNACK. I'M NOT SEEING RESULTS THE SCALE SEEMS AND MY CLOTHS SEEM TO BE GETTING TIGHTER AND TIGHTER. I TAKE A WATER PILL BUT NOT ON CONSISTANTLY. I HAVE NOTICED WITH EATING LESS I'M NOT AS HUNGERY AND GET FULLER FASTER SO EATING SMALLER PORTIONS ISN'T THE STUGGLE ANYMORE. ANY SUGGESTIONS????

Replies

• ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 186 Member
    @ameb2121 - Do you track your Calories in at all?

I have no idea what a "light meal" represents for you. Protein drinks are awesome for workouts but they do contain a whole lot of calories so it is always good to weigh and keep track of what you are consuming. My diary is open so feel free to take a peek at mine. I have protein shakes every day in order to meet my protein macros but they represent a big part of my daily Calorie intake.

Also how long have you been at this. Doing intense exercise, like Crossfit tends to do, often created muscle inflammation that could result in scale weight gain. Do you allow yourself rest days?

Good luck!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Yay for the chart (and I don't mean that sarcastically). It's going to hit the basic points of things to look at, including weighing food.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Afura wrote: »
    Yay for the chart (and I don't mean that sarcastically). It's going to hit the basic points of things to look at, including weighing food.

Da chart is da bomb. :D
  • ameb2121
    ameb2121 Posts: 8 Member
    A LIGHT MEAL WOULD BE 1 ROMAN LEAF 2 SLICES OF BACON, A SLICE OF TOMATO AND 2 SLICES OF AVACADO. OR A TACO SALAD, I USE THE JENNY O GROUND TURKEY ALREADY SEASONED, CHOPPED TOMATO, ONION, AND I USE SALSA AS THE DRESSING. I'VE BEEN INCLUDING MY PROTIEN SHAKES AND PRE WORK OUT IN MY CALORIE COUNT. I'VE LIMITED MY DRINKING TO WEEKENDS AND ONLY THEN I WILL HAVE A GLASS OR 2 OF RED WINE AND THATS IT OR 1 TO 2 LIGHT BEERS. I'VE BEEN DOING CROSSFIT FOR A YEAR AND I JUST STARTED DOUBLING UP MY WORKS OUT DURING THE WEEK FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS. I AM TAKING A RECOVERY DAY DEPENDING ON THE WEEK I WILL TAKE 1- 3 DAYS OFF TO RECOVER. THANKS FOR THE REPLYS I WILL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPEN UP MY MEALS TO VIEW.
  • ameb2121
    @quiksylver296 , yes this chart is great I need a food scale. I do measure out most of my food but a scale should help, I really don't know how many calories I'm burning. on this site it seems to only count cardio? i will have to look into a heart rate monitor will a fitbit figure out my calories burned with my crossfit and gym works? I really am at the point where i feel like i need to starve myself to loose weight but then i have no energy for working out if i cut back to much. Thanks you all for the post I've never used this discussion board before.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    edited May 2016
    ameb2121 wrote: »
    @quiksylver296 , yes this chart is great I need a food scale. I do measure out most of my food but a scale should help, I really don't know how many calories I'm burning. on this site it seems to only count cardio? i will have to look into a heart rate monitor will a fitbit figure out my calories burned with my crossfit and gym works? I really am at the point where i feel like i need to starve myself to loose weight but then i have no energy for working out if i cut back to much. Thanks you all for the post I've never used this discussion board before.

@ameb2121 When I bought and began to religiously use a food scale, that is when everything started to click onto place for me.

As for exercise calories, I do something a bit different than the normal MFP plan. But I've been at it awhile. At this point in your journey, try only eating back about 50% of your exercise calories.

Also, if your Fitbit is linked to MFP, don't also enter your exercise into MFP. That is adding the same exercise calories twice. Either don't manually enter your exercise into MFP, or unlink your Fitbit from MFP.

• ameb2121
    @cwolfman13, i know I've been over doing it with the work outs but i do enjoy out. when i started crossfit i wasn't hitting the gym up like i used so i started going after and working a muscle group. I'm sure your right i will have to find a better balance
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Your not looseing weight could be from your gaining muscle with working out that much.
  • ameb2121
    @kirstinethornburg but shouldn't be loosing inches and seeing a difference in my cloths?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    @kirstinethornburg but shouldn't be loosing inches and seeing a difference in my cloths?

It's far more likely that you're eating more than you think. I would get a food scale and begin logging what I was actually eating and proceed from there.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member

Oh, so your caps lock key ISN'T broken. Just the enter key?
  • ameb2121
    @LazSommer sorry I'm at work and the system I use is in all caps plus I'm used to hitting the enter key to input anything and forget I need to hit post lol
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Your not looseing weight could be from your gaining muscle with working out that much.
    Not likey... OP isn't weighing or logging food, that's why they're not losing weight

OP, start weighing all your solid and semi solid food in grams using a food scale, and start logging all the foods that you eat. I noticed an entry for 1 gram of cheddar cheese....that looks like an error to me. There are lots of cups and spoon measurements, and items such as '1/5 of xxx'. Start weighing all your food, even the fiber one bars/pre-packaged. As for the "Military diet peanut butter and toast" weigh the bread and peanut butter and of the accurate brand-specific calories of both. Stop measuring meat with cups, use a scale. Log more regularly, I see a lot of incomplete days.

Also, weigh your eggs. Not all large eggs are 50g. Yesterday, I weighed a large egg that was 77g. Extra calorie that aren't being logged.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Feel like you're gaining? Have you actually weighed yourself?
  • ameb2121
    @cerise_noir there are a few things I'm guessing at. normally I just use the scan bar code to log everything. I think a scale will really help, my incomplete days we have potlucks and I just really have no idea what to input so I just assume I'm over my calorie intake on those days and stink to small portions. I'm not on a strict diet but I'm thinking I might need to since I'm stuck. thanks for looking at my meals I just figured out how to make it public!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    @cerise_noir there are a few things I'm guessing at. normally I just use the scan bar code to log everything. I think a scale will really help, my incomplete days we have potlucks and I just really have no idea what to input so I just assume I'm over my calorie intake on those days and stink to small portions. I'm not on a strict diet but I'm thinking I might need to since I'm stuck. thanks for looking at my meals I just figured out how to make it public!
    No problem. :)
    Oh, the thing with bar code scanning is that they usually match up with user created entries, so not likely accurate. Some database entries are waaaaaay out there and make me laugh, Definitely do weigh all your food (raw, too). Count cooking oils and everything. When I didn't have a food scale, I never lost weight, but now I am easily losing .5lb per week just from weighing food and recording it accurately. I wish you all the best. :)

By the way, bread slices are crazy...each one seems to have a different weight! Also, prepackaged bars can be off...anything with a prepackaged weight can be off. Always choose weights over cups/spoons.