Phentermine

Options
2»

Replies

• beckyann7086
    beckyann7086 Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I took phentermine 2 years ago, I took it for a year. The first month I lost 9lbs. I had energy and did not want to eat, other than light snacking during the day. The energy I had was my favorite part, my house was always so clean. Lol. After that first month I didn't continue to lose weight so quickly, which does make sense to me.
    I noticed the months I was trying real hard I would lose weight, months that I only depended on the phentermine I would not. Anyways long story short I realized the months I was chugging water (to keep me from sneaking snacks, sweets are my weakness) I was getting down to a weight I was never able to before.
    I would like to mention that if you are taking phentermine especially for an extended period of time you really need to drink A LOT of water. The way phentermine dries your mouth out can and will cause tooth decay. Which is terrifying.
    I'm 5"9 150lbs. I have a different body type. I know I have about 10 more pounds to lose but I can't pinpoint wear that weight is. I an not muscular either. People do not believe me when I tell them how much I weigh. I have even had friends grab my shoulder or arm and say I'm boney. So I don't depend on the scale so much anymore.
  • beckyann7086
    beckyann7086 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh and I lost the weight from the phentermine, watching calories on mfp, and cardio. My choice for cardio was alway zumba for the wii. So much fun especially of you have friends doing it with you.
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My aunt took phentermine to lose weight, and it gave her really bad headaches. She lost weight, but now that she is off of it she has gained it back.
  • ghgytr
    ghgytr Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Phentermine definitely works as a weight loss supplement. I took it for 3 months with diet and exercise and lost 16 kg. I felt great for the first time in a long time. I had so much energy! I did get the dry mouth and some bad headaches, but that passed after the first week. So far, I have been utterly delighted with my experience with Phentermine. I have had no truly bad experiences to completely sway me from taking it.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have done weight watchers in the past, lost 20 lbs. gained it back. Then I used dr. prescribed phentermine, lost 20 lbs gained back. Then I had a brain tumor, gained about 30 lbs of weight from the steroids and feeling hungry constantly. I eventually got my illness weight off and then lost some more by using my fitness pal a year ago. I gained back some of that after vacations last summer. So....I am now back on phentermine and I have gone from 168 lbs down to 142 lbs. I'm 5'6 and 44 yrs old. All of this to say...weight loss can be a roller coaster with no matter how a person chooses to lose. I feel great now and the lowest I've been even from when I first did weight watchers years ago. I am logging everything, weighing all foods, and exercising whether I feel like it or not. Food will always be a struggle for me. I am an emotional eater...when I'm happy, bored, stressed or depressed. I know that the phentermine will not be a miracle drug for me and I still have to show restraint with the foods I choose. I am also staying away (for the most part) from added sugars and using only stevia or pyure or swerve instead of the maple syrup, brown sugar or honey that I used to use. I'm eating more salads, Greek yogurts, and just healthier foods in general but also will eat the normal foods but in moderation. It's scary knowing my history of the up and down roller coaster dieting that I've had but I also know that this proves for me that I will have to track for a lifetime what I eat and that's okay. It has to be done because I felt like crap before and have worked too hard to let myself go this time. So...is phentermine helpful? After taking it the first time, I was mad I ever took it. It gave me false energy and then I was exhausted when going off of it. Will I feel this way again when I go off again which will be soon? Probably. But one thing for sure, I feel great and love getting into size 6 and 8 shorts and seeing tone in my arms and legs is beautiful. My hubby is quite happy with my new look and so am I. It's been worth it. Oh and he has also been prescribed phentermine and has lost 40 lbs and looks amazing! We both have to keep control over what we eat regardless of a pill. That's the mindset that a person needs to have for life. Good luck with whatever you choose.