Calculating quinoa calories

Options
2»

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Weigh the dry measurement before you cook it. If you're making multiple servings, put the raw weight/ingredients into the recipe builder, weigh the entire cooked batch (minus the weight of the dish), and set your portions for the total gram weight. When you dish out your bowl, you can log that number of grams and it should be accurate.

Feeling pretty dumb but I just don't get this. I always measure before I cook, as I have to follow the recipe. I use a half cup dry most weeks. This usually increases 2.5ishx in size. For example, I made a half cup dry this morning. Total weight was around 10.6 oz. If I understand what you are saying, I would be putting in that I eat over 320 calories for 4 oz of quiona which I cannot imagine is right. I totally know that I am calculating this wrong but I just really don't get it.

Use the dry amount to calculate your calories. That's really all you need to know.

If you cooked 100 grams of dry quinoa and you eat a quarter of it after you cook it, log 25 grams of dry quinoa.

How much it grows is irrelevant. <--- Keep it classy people.