Loose Skin

Options
shiec92
shiec92 Posts: 688 Member
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has had problems with loose skin and completed any exercise programmes seeing improvements and results on these problem areas?

T.I.A

Replies

• SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Weightlifitng can have an impact on lose skin but there's not a whole lot that can be done otherwise besides surgery
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Toning and water. Make sure you do both. It also has a lot to do with the amount of weight you have lost.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Weightlifitng can have an impact on lose skin but there's not a whole lot that can be done otherwise besides surgery

This.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I am thrilled to have lost so much weight that loose skin is even a problem. Just not gonna worry about it, because I'm doing this more for health than looks, and my looks have improved dramatically anyway.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Outside of surgery, once the damage has been done, the only thing you can do is wait for a few years (1+ definitely, quite possibly 2-3) to see how much it will shrink. How much it shrinks is dependent on how big you were, how long you were big, genetics, age, and how much yo-yoing you did weight-wise.

Creams, wraps, lifting weights, losing slowly, etc. do not help shrink up skin. Creams will keep your skin moisturized. Wraps will help dehydrate the area and may tighten it up temporarily but not permanently. Lifting weights will make you stronger and will help your physique and give you something to obsess over and think about. Losing weight slowly will help minimize how much your skin shrinkage rate outpaces your fat loss rate. But none of these things will prevent loose skin or increase its shrinkage.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Outside of surgery, once the damage has been done, the only thing you can do is wait for a few years (1+ definitely, quite possibly 2-3) to see how much it will shrink. How much it shrinks is dependent on how big you were, how long you were big, genetics, age, and how much yo-yoing you did weight-wise.

Creams, wraps, lifting weights, losing slowly, etc. do not help shrink up skin. Creams will keep your skin moisturized. Wraps will help dehydrate the area and may tighten it up temporarily but not permanently. Lifting weights will make you stronger and will help your physique and give you something to obsess over and think about. Losing weight slowly will help minimize how much your skin shrinkage rate outpaces your fat loss rate. But none of these things will prevent loose skin or increase its shrinkage.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!