Incredible Nurse/Law Student Genius Nerd (And Super Humble)

Options
mariv0
mariv0 Posts: 45 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all. As you can tell from the title, I am, first and foremost, incredibly gracious and not at all cocky.

In all seriousness though, I am a twenty-five year old registered nurse starting at a top twenty law school in the Fall, and among my plentiful flaws is my weight. I have an unfortunate affinity for stress eating (read: I'm your typical, type A ball of anxiety who tries to control the uncontrollable). I have a great love for listening to and helping people and have seen my fair share of weird rashes inside and outside the hospital (because it's apparently okay to flag down a stranger in a grocery store and pull your pants down, as long as her badge says 'RN').

I'm a crazy dog lady, according to people who for some reason think my eighty-five pound mutt shouldn't be a lap dog.

I'm also a lover of video games that are not of the FPS variety (Fallout, Assassin's Creed, FIFA, Forza, etc.), horror movies and books (Jack Kilborn, am I right?), fast roller coasters, Harry Potter, Korean karaoke bars, European football, and beer.

If you like any of these things, feel free to add me. And if you don't, still feel free to add me. I've lost 30+ lbs so far and am looking for motivated folks who are not judgmental. So many of my nursing friends are so fit, that it's hard to speak to them about the struggles of weight loss.

Edit: Also, Happy National Nurses Week everyone. :)

Replies

• ironfoot27
    ironfoot27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm interested in most of those things - did a law degree too, currently a foreign languages teacher.

Congrats on your 30lbs - incredible loss. I just started my weight loss journey this week so looking for motivation/support too :)
  • mariv0
    mariv0 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ironfoot27 wrote: »
    Hey! I'm interested in most of those things - did a law degree too, currently a foreign languages teacher.

Congrats on your 30lbs - incredible loss. I just started my weight loss journey this week so looking for motivation/support too :)

Oh neat! Did you get your JD or another degree?

And also, I'm on fitbit as well. My exercise is logged through my charge HR. :D
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Hellloooo Nurse! You had me at dog person!