Hi!! Any low carbers??

Options
2»

Replies

• Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Keto for almost a week and down a few pounds already. I'm a vegetarian and having a hard time figuring out what to eat besides eggs, cheese and some veggies. Any advice or good sources for easy recipes?
  • oddone1
    oddone1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been on a low carb diet (gluten intolerance) & in gluten free bread tastes like cardboard
  • FiftywillbeFabulous
    FiftywillbeFabulous Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb for over 3 months now. I've been a diabetic for about 4 years, and have finally decided to take control of my health and my longevity instead of letting sugar/carbs do that. About 80% of what I eat a day is protein, and I use whey protein with almond milk after a work out. I also have switched from dairy to almond/coconut milk in my cereal (Special K Yogurt &Berries is delish), not only because of how much more tasty it is, but because even skim milk makes my blood glucose spike like crazy.

After 2 -1/2 months, my during my checkup, my doctor told me that not only had I lost 6 lbs (not bad since I'm gaining muscle by lifting heavy), but that I've brought my A1c down by 3 points. I was a crappy eater before, so I brought it from an 11 to an 8. He was ecstatic and so was I. =)

We must eat enough carbs to maintain energy, so I make wiser choices now: Oreida makes a frozen Potatoes Obrien that is 60 calories for one cup - AMAZING with a western omelette! I gave up pasta, eat whole wheat sandwich rounds when sandwiching, baked chips - and moderately at that, oh! and there are these AMAZING bars, Nature's Bakery Stone Ground Wheat Blueberry Fig Bars...whew, long name! They are soooo good. They are sold individually at Sheetz or by the box at Walmart, and are 2 per pack @ 90 calories per bar. They are my most recent go-to snack. And of course *drum roll please* water, water, water, water, water! Wow, as I'm reading this, I'm thinking, "Hey, I'm eating pretty good!" Now if i could just stop THINKING about it - prep, prep, and more prep. *sigh* LOL! Best of luck! Feel free to add me! =) ☆April
  • FiftywillbeFabulous
    FiftywillbeFabulous Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    *unsweetened vanilla almond milk with the whey
  • CarCar0207
    CarCar0207 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Riche120 wrote: »
    I've been doing Keto for almost a week and down a few pounds already. I'm a vegetarian and having a hard time figuring out what to eat besides eggs, cheese and some veggies. Any advice or good sources for easy recipes?

I do whey protein, but butters, almond flour, tofu, Tempe .... All delicious. If u use Pinterest at all, they have tons of vegetarian keto recipes. Even new fun ways to eat eggs
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I didn't even think of Pinterest :)