Carbs

So are carbs good or bad?? I'm really confused cause i've been reading articles that say they're good but others say that for weight loss its best not to eat them...i dont know what to believe..i ate 6 Triscuit crackers and now i feel guilty some insight would be helpful

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Carbs are just food. They aren't good or bad. They're just energy for the body.

Some people find they do really well with a low carb approach to weight loss, but it's not mandatory. As long as you're hitting your calorie goals and any other personal nutrition goals, there's no reason to feel guilty for a few crackers! :flowerforyou:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Triscuits are good, don't feel bad
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 799 Member
    I eat a lot of carbs but stay within my cals and I'm losing weight pretty much on target:)
  • sandysilva94
    sandysilva94 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you all for replying! I feel so much better :)
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Carbs robbed my sister once.
  • liams987
    liams987 Posts: 23 Member
    Carbs are life
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    I've lost nearly 80 lbs so far and I get 50% - 60% of my daily calories from carbs. Eat what keeps you satisfied as that will help you stay on track. I wouldn't be able to continue losing if I had to cut out my carbs. I would be miserable.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    I couldn't survive without carbs
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm high "good carbs" and losing.
    Beans, lentils, quinoa, barley, even sweet potato.
    I try to avoid processed food (not easy).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    If I ate six Triscuits I wouldn't feel guilty. I'd feel proud that I didn't eat the whole box.

lol so true!