Found the best workout and diet ever

Options
LKArgh
LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
edited May 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Get a puppy :) I know things will change as the puppy grows older and becomes less active, but right now, I find myself spending most of my free time walking the puppy or playing with the puppy and it has been also a magic cure for late evening snacking. I have had to significantly reduce my gym hours for now, and still feel physically exhausted. Not to mention that the kids are spending every free minute outside playing with the puppy instead of asking to watch one more tv show and eat one more snack.

Replies

• beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Dogs are fantastic for health. Just don't let your kids get bored with it. Even adult dogs need walks, play time and love!
  • hnahae
    hnahae Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree, I can't wait to get one!!!
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    For activity, I highly recommend considering a Jack Russell terrier. And, please remember, there are plenty of great dogs available at your local animal shelter and local rescue organizations looking for their forever families!

• NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Dogs are awesome! But please, for those who are thinking of adopting one, research and realize that they also require commitment and a responsible owner who will train them properly! They need work at first! Please don't get one thinking "if it doesn't work out, I'll just return it"!!! Please, the rescues are over capacity and the kill shelters can't keep up with the amount of 'returned' and abandoned dogs and cats!