Whats your favorite meal that is healthy but tastes amazing?

Options
So today I feel like I did amazing on my numbers because I stayed in my goals really well while trying to go lower on sodium and carbs :) does anyone have a really yummy meal that they feel is super good for how healthy it is? Mine is salads. I can add 1 cup of any meat to a salad and its a major hit <3 I love chicken salads and actually perfer them over any food anywhere! :)

Replies

• sarahelizabeth2276
    sarahelizabeth2276 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My favorite healthy snack is 1-2tbsp of peanut butter on a banana or apple- it's so yummy!

My favorite meal is 2 cups of mixed veggies and 3/4c cubed tofu sautéed in 2tbsp garlic, 1tbsp soy sauce, 1/2tsp of seasame chili oil, 1tsp hoisin sauce, 1tbsp peanut butter, 1tbsp saracha sauce, 1/4c water, and a sprinkling of seasame seeds and chili flakes over 1/2c of long grain wild rice (or brown rice.) It is delectable!

I also love cauliflower pizza!
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options

my fave too only I make them as proats :)

best ever
  • Soyajam
    Soyajam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered kale chips.

It's basically kale leaves chopped up and soaked in lemon juice, then coated in olive oil & galic powder before being dehydrated for a few hours.

Took me a few tries to get the combination of flavours right - but I think I've got it now!

Best part is they're crunchy like chips and I can scoff a whole bowl of it and it's something ridiculous like 50 cals.
    Not to mention all those nutritional benefits of kale.

I think I'm doing to indulge in that peanut butter/ apple idea though! YUMMO
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Steak and sweet potato chips .
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    pizza
    turkey cheese-burgers
    Chicken breast and a baked potato
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Egg whites on wheat toast :)
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My favorite after workout meal:

Blue Almond crackers (one serving is like 16 crackers and only 23 carbs and 120 calories) and my homemade chicken salad on a bed of greens and other veggies:

Chicken Salad:
    1 cup of Shredded Chicken
    1/4 cup almonds or pecans
    1/4 sliced grapes
    a tbsp minced dried cranberries
    1/4 cup celery
    1/4 cup minced onion
    splash of shredded raw carrot
    mix it all with a couple of tablespoons of mayo (I make my own from egg yolks and olive oil, but you can use light mayo if you want to reduce the calories)

This easily makes 2 servings. Fills you up with lots of protein, good carbs and lots of fiber...just be sure to measure out the crackers, nuts and the mayo since that is where most of the calories come from...
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Red Quinoa with nuts dried fruit, fresh mint and rosemary and lime juice over it.....So yummy!
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My lunch almost every single day. Tastes delicious and miss I it when I have to eat something else:

4oz protein (usually chicken) or 2 hard boiled eggs
    small salad with toasted pecans/craisins/raw veg AND/OR steamed broccoli/brussel sprouts.
    baby carrots with hummus
    black seedless grapes

Maybe I need to mix things up a bit, but I enjoy it and get in lots of veggies during this meal.
  • SniffTheSweat
    Options
    (doublepost)
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just one of my Favs: :bigsmile: Watermelon:bigsmile: smothered in cinnamon..:laugh: :laugh:
  • SniffTheSweat
    Options
    I tried a new lunch meal today which blew my mind away and was so good. I put the ingredients I used into Myfitnesspal and got 308 calories, Aubergine Pizza. Rather then using the high calorie dough pizza base, subsitute with a sliced aubergine (eggplants to yo 'muricans). I ate 2 slices which is half an aubergine plus toppings.
    Here is the recipe
    http://drizzleanddip.com/2013/01/17/grilled-and-baked-aubergine-pizza
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just one of my Favs: :bigsmile: Watermelon:bigsmile: smothered in cinnamon..:laugh: :laugh: it's a great lunch treat:tongue:
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    just discovered roasted butternut squash & feta cheese salad... it's a little bit sexy....
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    my new fave lunch (I work at home so I can sautee up a lunch) recently is saute 4 cups of mixed veggies with either grilled chicken, tofu or whatever left over meat I have. Saute it in garlic and avocado. Once all grilled up until the veggies are cooked but crisp put in some mustard and mix around. Serve over about 3 cups of baby spinach.....

sooooo good and full of veggies and low carb high protein depending on the meat/tofu used.
  • Jayiz
    Jayiz Posts: 39
    Options
    A favorite, light meal of mine lately is:

1/2 cup of egg whites
    1 egg
    1 slice of toast of English muffin
    A little Frank's Redhot pepper sauce.

I scramble the eggs and put them on a piece of toast and put the sauce on top.
    It's so yummy and satisfying. :tongue:
  • ryanosgood
    ryanosgood Posts: 28
    Options
    Anything cooked on the grill. Fresh meat with vegetables tossed in a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Everything tastes fresh and so good...
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Salad with rapsberry "vinagrette"

Mixed greens
    Chopped grapes, apples, cukes, tomatoes
    Sometimes choped walnuts or pecans
    Feta cheese crumbles

Raspberry "vinagrette"
    1c frozen raspberries
    .5c apple cider vinegar
    .5c water
    1tbs sweetener (sugar, honey or a substitute)
    2tbs olive oil (can completely omit)
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    you can make some really good lettuce wraps for only about 300 calories.

i shread chicken meat, chop up some onion, a little bell pepper, then mix with juice of 1-2 limes, 1 tbsp. olive oil, some salt, pepper and cumin. serve on leaf lettuce and boom! delicious and very very easy.