Pregnant (again) and want to stay accountable!

Options
startingoveragain2020
startingoveragain2020 Posts: 42 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all. I'm newly pregnant with my 3rd baby and I'd really like to healthily control the amount of weight that I gain! I'm obviously not "dieting" but want to stay as healthy/nutritious as possible. I am staying as physically active for as long as possible (doctor ok'd this)! But food will be my nemesis, especially since I still had 17lbs to lose from last pregnancy
Anyone else pregnant out there that wants to be buddy's for support during pregnancy.
Or are there any pregnancy groups set up on mfp forums (had a look but can't see any!)

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    12 weeks pregnant here on baby number 5. Congrats!
  • LC107
    LC107 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well food cravings are due to the influx of hormones while you are pregnant. While they are indeed strong (and maybe even signal a nutrient(s) you are missing) I think it is important to be mindful. Physical exercise is great but perhaps add some yoga/meditation to your routine too. Be mindful of the fact that you are growing a beautiful and perfect little human being and that you want to give him/her and yourself the most healthy and positive experience possible, including what you ingest into your body. As many others on here will say, don't deprive yourself, if you're craving something sweet then have something small (an actual serving size of ice cream is half a cup for example) to satisfy that craving. Just always be mindful of your goal- be healthy and grow a healthy baby.

Congratulations on your pregnancy by the way!! :)
  • startingoveragain2020
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    12 weeks pregnant here on baby number 5. Congrats!

Congrats to you as well on number 5! Happy and healthy 9 months...I'm 11 weeks so not far behind, but still in the middle of all the nausea/food aversions and generally feeling awful!
  • startingoveragain2020
    Options
    I seem to have not posted everything I wrote..baby brain already! Food is my enemy at the moment, I can barely face most things and have to eat exactly what I want or else I'm sick for the rest of the day! Ugh...can't wait for this bit to pass and get back to healthy!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the baby! :)

Pregnancy Group:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

• startingoveragain2020
    Options

Fabby! Thanks so much for this
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    ml_g9 wrote: »

Fabby! Thanks so much for this

You're welcome! :)

• mandietippets
    mandietippets Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I seem to have not posted everything I wrote..baby brain already! Food is my enemy at the moment, I can barely face most things and have to eat exactly what I want or else I'm sick for the rest of the day! Ugh...can't wait for this bit to pass and get back to healthy!

This is me to a t right now! I'm 9.5 weeks and have had really strong aversions so I've been eating more things that I normally wouldn't. So frustrating! I try to keep a lot of healthy snacks around to munch on. I've found a few that generally sound good. Mostly fresh fruits, cucumbers, and crackers with laughing cow have become my new favorite! But so many times I have dinner prepared and can't eat it so I send hubby so get something that sounds good! Crazy hormones.

• hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm newly pregnant with my 3rd baby and I'd really like to healthily control the amount of weight that I gain! I'm obviously not "dieting" but want to stay as healthy/nutritious as possible. I am staying as physically active for as long as possible (doctor ok'd this)! But food will be my nemesis, especially since I still had 17lbs to lose from last pregnancy
    Anyone else pregnant out there that wants to be buddy's for support during pregnancy.
    Or are there any pregnancy groups set up on mfp forums (had a look but can't see any!)

Im on the sane boat .. 10 weeks pregnant trying to at least not gain as much as last pregnancy (48 pounds) lost it after a year . I finally reached my goal to find out im pregnant with baby number 4 ... Trying to maintain 1st trimester and at least gain slioooowly 2nd and 3rd .
  • apolanco58
    apolanco58 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just found out I am pregnant as well with baby #4 and was 6 lbs away from my goal weight. I am planning on eating healthy, exercising and not giving in to all the junk/sugar cravings.
  • lexylondon
    lexylondon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had my 1st baby a year ago, (I gained 20kgs from overeating and hardly exercising!!) then fell pregnant with my 2nd 6 weeks later!! I was going hard at the gym, and not losing much weight, I actually didn't find out I was pregnant til 13wks. Anyway I went to the gym and hour a day all throughout pregnancy even Labour day.. and after the baby/fluid/placenta weight was gone I was about 8kgs lighter than when I would have fell pregnant! So I lost weight off my body whilst pregnant but my baby was a good size and super healthy. In the past 7 weeks since my baby was born I have lost another 6.5kgs.. and get heaps of compliments at the gym...that's what helps keep me going! Hope this is motivation got you. Being super fit in my second pregnancy was the best choice I ever made..I had a flat stomach within 2 days of giving birth! Great feeling!