100 pounds to lose - Weekend get away ideas for loss reward?

Options
13»

Replies

• Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    It is taking EVERYTHING I have in me not to weigh in. I have had to make several trips to the medical department, passing that stupid scale. I had to put a belt on to keep my size 20 jeans up! I have had 4 different people ask if I have lost weight. I am wearing a shirt I have not worn in forever (without spanks anyway) and I went up a hook on my bra. BAM!
  • mickey2942
    mickey2942 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am going to meet SO's family in October. We are going on a long trip. So, the goal is 30 pounds.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I am down 18 pounds!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Shoebacha1 wrote: »
    I am down 18 pounds!

Was down 18. Now I am only down 5. Starting over. At 10 pounds, I will be getting a tattoo. This should occur by March 1st.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Down 8. 2 more to go before I can finish my tattoo.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm a little biased, but San Antonio is not that far away from you and not that expensive. There is a Six Flags and Sea World. You can rent bikes all over downtown. In the spring and summer you can rent kayaks on the riverwalk extension (Mission Trail). There's great shopping in town or outlet malls about 40 minutes away and plenty of places to swim. You can hike in Government Canyon. My only caveat is that it does get AFRICA HOT by August. June would probably be ideal, or late April, early May where the wildflowers are blooming in the areas outside the city & in the hill country.

Summer in Colorado was amazing. White water rafting, zip lining, hiking, camping, waterfalls, all the outdoors awesomeness you can handle.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    We are going to Hugo Oklahoma at the end of the month for my 10 pound loss. They have a huge cemetery that is for circus performers and bull riders. The headstones are all themed and it is a really pretty area. There is a diner there that has vintage circus memorabilia and awesome food (according to the website). I have always wanted to go but never made the time for the 6 hour round trip. I am excited! I love exploring cemeteries and small towns with rich culture/history.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    brookielaw wrote: »
    I'm a little biased, but San Antonio is not that far away from you and not that expensive. There is a Six Flags and Sea World. You can rent bikes all over downtown. In the spring and summer you can rent kayaks on the riverwalk extension (Mission Trail). There's great shopping in town or outlet malls about 40 minutes away and plenty of places to swim. You can hike in Government Canyon. My only caveat is that it does get AFRICA HOT by August. June would probably be ideal, or late April, early May where the wildflowers are blooming in the areas outside the city & in the hill country.

Summer in Colorado was amazing. White water rafting, zip lining, hiking, camping, waterfalls, all the outdoors awesomeness you can handle.

I was just there for a business trip. I stayed at a hotel on the river walk. It was nice.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My wife and I like to do a long weekend in San Diego a couple times per year...I love that place and it's an easy non-stop flight. We usually get a condo on Mission Beach.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    One of my best friends is from San Diego. I might have to check into that one! Maybe she will go with me!
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    OK, I have been to nearly every US state and many other places. Let me tell you where you would like to go :p

Healdsburg, CA - this is near Sonoma wine country and is a darling pedestrian-friendly town. Paired with Sonoma, you not only have Italian landscaping, but the delicious wine cellars, cheese plates, and outdoor bustling town vibes. There is even a castle nearby.

Poulsbo, WA: This is a Scandinavian themed town, much like a village, across the Bay from Seattle. After a ferry ride, it is only about a half hour drive until you see the quaint pretzel shop, antique stores, and nautical visitor center. It is a port town with a living cultural history.

Occoquan, VA: A very small town within an hour of Washington D.C., enjoy walking the main street, lined with colorful Victorian-themed townhouses, pubs, and waterfront dining. Try Mom's Pies on your way out of town.

Oh gosh, I can't write like that for every single place, haha, I will just list the rest! :P

For Towns/Cities: Key West, Florida ; Montreal, Canada; Quebec City, Canada; Portland, Oregon; Frederick, Maryland; Gettysburg, Pennsylvania; Daytona, Florida; Annapolis, Maryland; Sedona, AZ; Colorado Springs, CO; Savannah, GA; Jamestown, VA; Bodega Bay, CA; Flagstaff, AZ; Pigeon Forge, PA; Shreveport, LA; Gulf Shores, AL; Kennebunkport, ME;

For Nature: Yellowstone National Park, CA; Glacier National Park, MT; Bryce Canyon National Park, UT; Acadia National Park, ME; Dolly Sods Wilderness and Seneca Rocks, WV; Olympic National Park, WA; Shenendoah National Park; Sequoia National Park, CA; Everglades National Park (and orange groves), FL; Big Bend National Park, TX; Assateague Island National Seashore, MD;

For Uniqueness: Mitchell Corn Palace, SD; Crater of Diamonds State Park, AR; Antelope Canyon, AZ; Coney Island, NY; Elvis' Graceland, TN; Little Palm Island, FL; Knott's Berry Farm, CA; Martha's Vineyard, MA; Havasupai Falls, AZ; Dollywood, TN; Buffalo Bill's Center of The West in Cody, WY; U.S. Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville, AL; Las Vegas, NV; downtown New Orleans, LA; Flintstone's Bedrock City (and Grand Canyon), Williams, AZ; Glen Rose Dinosaur Park, TX; Thousand Islands, NY (home of thousand island dressing and castles);

You can also get the following trips for less than $500: a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas (all you can eat buffets, excellent entertainment, beautiful beaches), a flight and 3 night stay in Cancun, Mexico (swimming with turtles in Akumal, Chichen Itza, Tulum ruins), a flight and 3 night stay in Puerto Rico (Rio Camuy caves, Arecibo observatory, Castillo San Cristobal), a roundtrip flight to Paris, France, Lima, Peru, or Bogota, Columbia.

I also recommend Carnival for cruises- I love them, they are truly fun. I generally only buy cruises if I can get a cruise out of Florida for a grand total (ie including taxes, port, AND gratuities) of no more than $600 for 4 nights/5 days. Florida I can fly RT for less than $200, so, add to that the taxicab, an excursion or 2, and snacks on the islands-> I generally try to spend a grand total of no more than $1,000 for the entire trip.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Thank you for this list! It is great.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Shoebacha1 wrote: »
    Down 8. 2 more to go before I can finish my tattoo.

I did it! I lost 2 pounds last week, well actually 2.5. I am going to show my tattoo guy what I want and set up the appointment. Also nice that the arm it is going on actually has a little muscle to it now! Will be proud for him to have a hold of some solidness rather than the flabbiness he had last time.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hot Springs, AR is absolutely beautiful and tourist friendly. I wouldn't recommend the middle of summer but spring or fall the weather is gorgeous (and rainy sometimes, rain is gorgeous). There are countless swimming holes and trees absolutely everywhere!