Anyone with crohn's disease

Options
I am looking for someone that can give me input about weight loss and Crohn's disease I am so overwhelmed

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Me but I am not really trying to lose weight (I am bmi 20). I hate the food restrictions though and miss being able not to have to worry about the "outcome" of putting a trigger food in my mouth
  • poppejennifer
    poppejennifer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I appreciate your help
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    Crohn's literally is a pain in the butt!! I hate having to take dangerous meds, etc but I rather be somewhat controlled than be in a huge flare up :(
  • poppejennifer
    Options
    I'm so new to all of this I get so frustrated not understanding how my body works I am currently very much overweight but have been very sick for the past year I have not lost large amounts of weight which doesn't really make sense to me considering what Crohns does to your body I just am looking for answers and want to feel better I appreciate your response
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    When were you diagnosed? I lost a lot of weight (but gained it back when Remicade started working) but I was basically on death's door but thankfully meds pulled me out of it. Are you on Prednisone? That can cause you not to lose weight
  • poppejennifer
    Options
    I have been on a cocktail of antibiotics and steroids and probiotics. Been sick for about 18 months. Diagnosed about 2 weeks ago. I have been hospitalized 18 times in 12 months. Two obstructions and chronic pain. So whatever that translates into
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    steroids cause weight gain for sure. I was sick for a long time before I was diagnosed (jan of 2015). I have the chronic pain but luckily no obstructions. I have fistulizing crohn's so I get lovely fistulas (not so lovely in reality) instead of obstructions
  • poppejennifer
    Options
    Thanks nice to know that I am not alone