How often do YOU weigh yourself?

Options
notkaseykasem
notkaseykasem Posts: 136 Member
I cannot stop weighing in every morning! I've gotten over the frustrations of day to day fluctuations but cannot stop myself!

Replies

• tultia
    tultia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    lol same here. but after gaining back 1lb I have vowed to wait 1 week before weighing again.
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Once a month. I was getting obsessed and the fluctuations would get me down ha so now I weigh at the end of every period..I know I'll b lowest weight then!
  • cafisher0404
    cafisher0404 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Every morning, and I also don't fret small differences, but I still record daily just because I'm neurotic like that :)
  • leticia9024
    leticia9024 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself using the bathroom once I wake up and then again sometime later in the day to see if it's the same. It can be kind of stressful bc it fluctuates lol
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I too weigh daily-after bathroom before getting dressed and eating.

I only track it when it goes down. ie my weight says 173.6 at the moment on my tracker. I was 174 this am but I didn't record that. I was 173.4 yesterday. Give me 3 or so lower days and then I record.

Works for me and over 30 lbs down.

Same here. I only track it when it goes down. I won't track it if it climbs a little due to our female bodies gaining water weight due to you know what. I check it every few days. It used to be on Thursday mornings after bathroom use, before getting dressed but then I hit a plateau and got discouraged so now i track when i see at least 2 pounds down.

• Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but only record it on Fridays if I remember to do it LOL.
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the morning after bathroom. Done it for YEARS. Only record weekly weight, however. I've accepted the daily fluctuations. Unfortunately, I haven't been proactive enough to do something about the upward trend - but now ... lookout scale, I'm coming for ya!
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Every Friday or Saturday morning - or both.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Pretty much daily and I'm used to normal fluctuations...that said: if I know I have overdone it on my sodium levels (think Pizza, Mexican, Chinese) then I usually stay away for a couple days...for my sanity only! ;)
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly on Saturday.
  • CandehMandeh
    CandehMandeh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Daily, I just like to see where I am.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    every day. i track my weight daily in an app called Happy Scale and it tracks trends and makes predictions. the more entries, the more precise it can be. by looking at overall trends, you don't see the plateaus that mfp shows. someone did an excellent post about it this week, but i can't find it now.
  • DavidCraven
    DavidCraven Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh myself daily as soon as i get up. I understand that most people shouldnt do this but i like having all the data and can use it against my food lkvs to see what causes fluctuations. For example. If i have a high salt meal one day i know for a fact that my weight can rise by as much as 2lbs the following day due to water retention. You also need to take into account when you had your last......movement :)
    On the other hand some people who dont delve as deeply into it as myself may get discouraged when the weight goes up one day.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    every other Wednesday in my Doctor office
  • KimOrley
    KimOrley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every morning and I know it's an unhealthy obsession but I only record once a week on a Saturday regardless of whether it's gone up or down.
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    CrystalArmstrong1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning too, unless the day before was a splurge day in which case I stay away from the scale for a day or so. :blush:
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    cariduttry wrote: »
    every day. i track my weight daily in an app called Happy Scale and it tracks trends and makes predictions. the more entries, the more precise it can be. by looking at overall trends, you don't see the plateaus that mfp shows. someone did an excellent post about it this week, but i can't find it now.

me too! i just started using it about a week ago and it really makes me feel better.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    every morning
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I too weigh daily-after bathroom before getting dressed and eating.

I only track it when it goes down. ie my weight says 173.6 at the moment on my tracker. I was 174 this am but I didn't record that. I was 173.4 yesterday. Give me 3 or so lower days and then I record.

Works for me and over 30 lbs down.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! :)