Late night snacking

Options
Need some advice and help. For many years, I've had (and still have) a bad habit of getting up in the middle of night and eating. It usually is a sandwich of some form plus a glass of semi skimmed milk but I've also been known to scoff a plate of breakfast cereal instead. I need to break this unhealthy cycle. :(
Thoughts?

Replies

• WalkingQueen1979
    WalkingQueen1979 Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I hear you I used to snack often at night or in general but I personally don't snack at night I just remember how far I've come and that helps.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I cherish the 6 hours of sleep I get each night. No way am I waking up in the middle of the night to eat.
  • jaxamoto
    jaxamoto Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Struggling night time snacker here as well. My husband also had a bad habit of eating cereal right before bed...or sometimes, in bed. Maybe you could try curbing your munchies with low-cal snacks like lightly salted popcorn or carrot sticks? If that doesn't work, down a glass of water and usually that helps me forget I'm hungry. Just gradual little changes have helped us in the long run. There's no way I'm going to quit night time snacking cold turkey at this point, but healthier options are better than nothing.
  • shanna_wainwright
    shanna_wainwright Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try putting a bottle of water by your bed. In order to get up and get a snack you have to drink it all first. You're probably dehydrated, or just plain thirsty, but you've trained your brain to eat when those signals hit. Give it a few weeks and you'll retrain your brain! It takes 21 days to make a new habit stick.