Fit Bit

Options
New to using my Fit Bit. I use to have a Polar F4. With the fit bit it syncs to MFP and adds a calorie adjustment based on your activity. Do you still enter your workouts?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Nope. No need to unless you take it off for your workout (swimming for example). It will send MFP your calorie burn for the day (exercise, daily activity, bmr) and MFP will adjust your calories based on that (Fitbit burn - MFP estimate burn = adjustment).
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Nope. No need to unless you take it off for your workout (swimming for example). It will send MFP your calorie burn for the day (exercise, daily activity, bmr) and MFP will adjust your calories based on that (Fitbit burn - MFP estimate burn = adjustment).

So since mine are connected the fitbit and MFP, I don't have to do anything extra but let them sync together?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

So since mine are connected the fitbit and MFP, I don't have to do anything extra but let them sync together?
    @SillyCat1975 -
    Yep. Well, unless of course you have a model without a HRM then you might want to log things like the elliptical or cycling. The movement from these won't be detected very well. If you do log them, I recommend just doing it on Fitbit's side to prevent confusion and glitches that sometimes happen.

Your calorie adjustment will include exercise and any daily activity that is above what MFP expected you to do based on your activity level setting.
    Most people find that MFP's sedentary is about the equivalent of around 3000 steps from their trackers. After that point they start getting a positive adjustment. Higher your activity level is set the longer (more steps) it takes to see a positive adjustment.