clean eating.

Options
2»

Replies

• Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say "clean eating" or "eating clean". Food isn't dirty!

Moderation is key. You don't have to give up the foods you love in order to adhere to a healthy lifestyle.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Actually processed food is dirty. It consists of all sorts of non-food chemicals etc that really aren't the best for you. And clean eating isn't about demonizing "food" it's about eating whole unprocessed foods.

That said, to each his own. Clean eating won't help you lose weight if you don't eat at a calorie deficit just like everyone here has said.
  • EndorphineReceptive
    Options
    At the core of that saying is that you get out of your body what you put into it. If the energy is laden with empty calories or full of processed foods and fats, then your body will use that energy as best it can. But with little or no nutrients to efficiently convert that food to fuel and support your body function, it cannot build the muscle and effectively burn fat.

Eating right or clean is 70 - 80 percent of the battle of being fit. The good energy you take in, will allow your workouts to be more effective and aid in recovery. It will boost your metabolism which will increase your body's efficiency to function in all areas.

It is not easy to make changes to eating habits, but if you make better choices in nutrition, all your hard work with fitness will show more quickly and you will feel so much better about yourself.

Good luck!

I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying!

Thanks... It is what works best for me so far and just my opinion.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    The less fast food and pre-packaged stuff I eat the better I feel during workouts and all day. :smile:
    I still eat ice-cream and donuts and chips and beer every week and maintain nicely. :drinker:

I came in here for recipes. :angry:
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Instead of saying "eat clean," just focus on high nutrition foods high in fiber and protein, high in fruits and vegetables, and lower on saturated animal fats. Avoid white flour, white sugar, and simple processed junk foods.

If you follow something like that, and if you keep your calories sufficiently low to be in a deficit, you will lose an incredible amount of fat while possibly having an exercise edge over someone who does not eat nutritious foods or get enough protein.

I've had a pot belly since I was eight, and eating well (some might say clean) coupled with intense daily exercise gave me a lean torso and ridges along my abs for the first time - well, ever!
  • Theohariti
    Theohariti Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It seems that working out without watching what you eat only helps me to maintain weight. Where instead if I watch what I eat I lose weight even without working out additional.
  • tarynchatfield
    tarynchatfield Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Clean eating helps the tummy flatten out, I believe.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a different definition of "clean eating" depending what type of foodie lifestyle they follow. It's just another catch cry.

IMO, a McDonalds burger, chips and a Coke is not the best or healthiest choice for lunch, but lots of people eat exactly that and can still lose weight if they are within a calorie deficit.

Who woulda thunk?