Craving chocolate? Why?

Options
I don't even think it's the sugar I crave. Basically, for the past several days, I've been eating and craving chocolate. A few people told me that I have a sweet tooth most likely but that can't be true, otherwise I wouldn't have turned down every other sweet (which was technically sweeter if you compare the sugar contents of both). At church there were glazed donuts, at college there were peanut butter cookies, and when I visited my mom she had fruit candies and vanilla ice cream at her home. But none of it appealed because I only have a craving for chocolate. Why? What's causing it? I wouldn't mind eating a 90-100% cocoa bar right now.

Replies

• MultipleHigh5s
    MultipleHigh5s Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just fit a small amount of tasty chocolate into you calories each day! I don't crave it too often, but sometimes I just want a glass of red wine and chocolate. So I fit it in and feel snobby adult for 20 min.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Maybe because you like chocolate? Cravings are not neccesarily because of a deficiency. I crave food I enjoy

I second this. For the past two weeks I have been craving and drinking sparkling water. I've never had issues with hydration, and I doubt sparking water adds anything nutrition-wise.
  • wickedmaineah
    wickedmaineah Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I craved chocolate for two weeks. Not anything else but chocolate! I drove my husband crazy listening to me whine about chocolate. Then I went and bought Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. 150 calories of absolute deliciousness and it solved the craving quick. Not the most nutritious snack but sometimes you have to curb that craving quick to keep going.
  • lislys9
    lislys9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Natural Calm is a good powdered magnesium supplement. It will help you forgot about chocolate. I take it before I go to sleep and I sleep better.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i replace some protein meal components with a double chocolate chunk quest bar when i crave chocolate. works like a charm :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Because it's chocolate
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    And if you want magnesium without chocolate, soak in Epsom Salts. If you soak in a fragrant bath of Epsom Salts while eating dark chocolate, you'll be both happy and envied.
    Oh...how about both? *sinks into relaxation*
  • soulraver
    soulraver Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Because chocolate is amazing!