Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Try to get lean or cut more?

So I've been using this app since last May and it's been very helpful with changing my dietary lifestyle. Most of my life I've been overweight. I gain even more weight at the end of my freshman year in college. I did my research, I cleaned up my act, worked out and ate healthy foods for about a year now and lost 40lbs. 186 to 146 took a lot of trial and error. I'm still learning about exercise science and still have plenty if questions. As a 5'6 male, I'm in a healthy weight range, but I'd like to cut to 135 which would put my BF at 20%. Then I'd start bulking from there. I've noticed that my body has adapted to almost any kind of cardio: running, walking, cycling, etc. And it's used to eating between 1500-1700 calories. I'm more than positive that reducing to 20% will be extremely difficult to achieve on just cardio alone at this point. My body is too well adapted and there isn't much cardio I do. So my question would be that, should I start bulking? Or try to get more lean? I know there's a difference between the two terms. I'd just like to reduce my BF to 20% or lower by the end of this summer.

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Ideally I'd want to be way less than 20% BF before starting a bulk. Like 15% or less, IMO.