Refeed

Options
I was at 1600 for quite a while, lost nearly 3 stone and my weight loss just stopped, still got a little bit to go but for the last couple months nearly even tho I'm working out daily nothing. After some research last night I'm gonna stop working out for a week or so and bring my calories up to maintenance. Anyone else done this?

Replies

• joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    All the time. Throughout my "cut"/fat loss last year I had 1 refeed per week.

Do it properly though. The idea of a refeed is to replenish glycogen levels, which will help you get maintain your energy and strngth at the gym. It doesn't really do much for stalled weight loss although having a day where you eat LOTS of carbs can curb any cravings you may be having.

The idea is to drop your protein intake by 50-100g and keep your fat intake to a minimum. Then eat at least double your carb intake. Overall you don't really eat ovber your normal calorie maintenance so weight gain will be minimal if not non-existant.

What you describe above isn't necessary a refeed per se more a "diet break" to realign your focus.