Cinema snacks?

Options
djmatthews1
djmatthews1 Posts: 2 Member
Just wondering what people take as healthy snacks to the cinema or just out and about in general?

My big downfall is that I go to the cinema once or maybe twice a week and usually involves sweets or ice cream!

Alternative ideas anyone? :p

Replies

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    8605604fde_largest.jpg
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I sip water and eat nothing for the duration of the movie. Eating at the theater is like Pavlov ' dog. It can be unhabutuated.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I sit for 2 hours without eating.

This.

I don't eat food while watching TV anymore either. I'd rather be totally focused on the food instead of being distracted... that way I get to actually enjoy it fully.
  • MitsuShai
    MitsuShai Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I take a bag of candy with me or popcorn lol But I know some people like taking homemade stuff with them like homemade granola bars or fruit
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go to the movie. If you must eat, water and a small (1-2 oz.) bag of peanut or almonds. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I like pork rinds at the movie theater. Crunchy and good for macros. I'm also just satisfied with a diet soda now.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I usually take some prime rib and a baked potato with me. Ruins my shirt pockets, but oh so good.
    I myself like sneaking in crab legs. Just keep it inside your pocket and you're good to go.

I don't like eating during a movie because I chew loudly and find noise A LOT more distracting than someone on their cellphone.
  • LittleOneLoveLife
    LittleOneLoveLife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Salted Popcorn, Frozen Greek Yog (Take My Own), Protein Bar.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Almonds, apple chips, yogurt covered fruit snacks, just smuggling anything in helps curb you breaking down and getting those milk duds!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I sit for 2 hours without eating.

Yep.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I can get by 2 hours without eating.
  • drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have been popping my own pop corn before cinema. I Also pack 100 cal chocolate puddings.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just don't be the annoying person with baby carrots! :D I hate that person. I go to the movie about once a week or more. I get the mini size popcorn if they have it with no butter. If I'm at a movie I want their popcorn - or no snack. There's no alternative.

I also have a large bottle of water and bring crystal light packets in my purse to dump in it for flavor.