I don't get it.

Options
Hi all,

Can someone explain why am I showing

GOAL 2080 - food 345 - exercise 1364 = net 1019

on my calorie goal, before I've even started any exercise? I had fitbit and MFP linked but now I've revoked access as I thought that may solve it but it didn't.

Any suggestions?

Allan

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Same problem here. Oddly enough only on the web browser version. In the app it displays as correct, leaving me with my effective net remaining.

EDIT: sorry, so suggestions to help.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have the same issue on the PC version. For my exercise diary it shows an adjustment of -16, yet on the main screen I've been getting 336 to 540 in exercise calories. I expect at some point today it will rectify itself. If not, just follow Fitbit's suggested eating goal and ignore MFP's.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    +1 similar error on Web site but not app. Fitbit user but no correction shown.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing the same thing... I did a 435-calorie-burn workout this morning and it's showing 1435 on the main page in the browser. The correct numbers are displayed on my food and workout diaries, though.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I don't fart around with connecting the FitBits because it adds calories for you to eat. I simply hit a specific calorie target for each day and ignore the calories I burn throughout the day. I make adjustments every 3-4 weeks if I am not making good progress towards my fitness goal.

For example, if you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~2200 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs/week, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few cycles, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.
  • michmill98_1
    michmill98_1 Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've got the same problem this morning but as others have said, it only appears to be on the home page of the PC version. The calorie info on my PC food diary matches up to what shows on the iphone app.

However, I wish this was the burn for a 4 mile WALK (home page is showing 1500+ exercise calories) with no hills! I knew it was off when a 2-3 mile jog only gives me back 350-400 exercise calories. Fitbit Charge user here.

ETA - it's been working fine since I restarted MFP last month until this morning.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I also only use the app for getting my calories numbers and macros. I dont care about my fitbit being hooked up and using numbers of additional calories i can eat given by MFP. I know my round about TDEE during the week when i sit at my desk job and go to the gym and i know the calorie burns on weekends depending on the type of exercise im doing. I adjust calorie intake based on my knowledge of my energy expenditure not what MFP tells me i can eat. Its usually to high anyways...
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem since I changed my goals from 2 to 1 pound/week weight loss. Negative adjustments took over and I was getting fewer calories to eat than before. My weight is lower but the calorie adjustments were just wrong.

I decided to stick with Fitbit's calorie goal and keep my goal in the green. It's worked well so far and I've noticed that MFP's adjustments have started changing to reflect true cico. Now I'm confident using MFP's goals again.
  • Allanro
    Allanro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the all replies, I will just stick to 2120 cal and ignore the rest as it seems to be good for me. I've also stop fitbit adjusting MFP data too.

Cheers
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. My Fitbit wasn't the problem, though--it showed the calories I burned at BodyPump this morning accurately. But I was being given over 2,000 additional calories by MFP! I knew I didn't exercise that much this morning! I had logged in to change my weekly loss goal, and after I did that, it fixed itself. Must have been a glitch of some kind.