Sneakers

Options
Lookin for a new pair I mostly do treadmill and walking what are your favorites right now I got Reebok dmx cross train there too heavy I want a lighter shoe

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    My husband says his Nike's are light. I would go to the store and try a bunch of pairs on to see which fits you best
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That's my plan I was just wondering what other people like
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    You can look up the current shoes you have on Amazon or the Reebok website to get the weight (by a certain size for comparison purposes). Then go on Amazon or other sites and look at all shoes you are interested in and compare the weight of the same size to see how much lighter they will be. That will at least get you started and shorten the list of possibilities.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    To be honest, look for a shoe with proper fit. Can't tell your weight, but in general heavier individuals (180+) often need heavier shoes for proper fit/cushioning. Don't give up fit for a couple ounces.

Good luck.
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Lookin for a new pair I mostly do treadmill and walking what are your favorites right now I got Reebok dmx cross train there too heavy I want a lighter shoe

Recently got a pair of Nike Roshe's, very light and feel good when running.

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    For lightweight (but not ultra lightweight race type shoe) I like the Nike Flyknit range. Personally the Llyknit Lunars (I think mine are the Lunar 2 but there is a 3 version) are great, but they do the flyknit uppers on lots of different types of soles.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

Go an get fitted for something appropriate for your build and gait. There is little point in me telling you my preferred shoe unless you're 6ft1, 165lbs and running in the order of 40 miles per week.

Similarly the right shoe for someone running for 5k speed performance isn't likely to be suitable for you.

fwiw of the various shoes I use, I'd veer towards an Inov-8 RoadClaw as most appropriate for treadmill use.
  • JScottBldrs
    JScottBldrs Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Go an get fitted for something appropriate for your build and gait. There is little point in me telling you my preferred shoe unless you're 6ft1, 165lbs and running in the order of 40 miles per week.

^^^^^^^^^ This right here. Find a running store Like Fleet Feet that can fit your shoes properly.
    https://www.fleetfeetsports.com/

I prefer Brooks GTS running shoes
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My current sneakers are an inexpensive pair from Target that weigh 1.2 pounds. I am going to upgrade to a pair with better support for my very flat pronating feet when I need new ones. I am worth a good pair of shoes.
  • bscmcse
    bscmcse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I went to a running store (I am not a runner) because my feet were sliding around in my shoes while doing the elliptical. I got measured 6 ways and had a gait analysis. I ended up with New Balance. They do not fit like any shoe I would have purchased on my own. They are snug, but move with my feet. They have been working out very well. I went to Fleet Feet and the shoes were ~$120.