Does anyone take any kind of appetite supressants???

Options
I have a really hard time getting motivated. I was wondering if there was anything anyone uses for energy or an appetite suppressant?? I hear all kinds of stuff on this green coffee bean, raspberry keotenes, green tea, am curious of any of it benefits you..

Replies

• parkgirl1
    parkgirl1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use green tea tablets not so much for weight loss but i find they give me more energy so in theory more energy mean moving more means loosing weight lol add me if you like
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Most diet aids that are being sold are essentially snake oil. The ones with caffeine can give you a little bit of an energy boost for a workout, although so could a cup of coffee. In the end, it all comes down to calories in/calories out. If you can figure out how to keep your portions reasonable, then your losses become sustainable. If you find a pill (or meal replacement shake, or whatever it is) that does have some effect, you become dependant on the effect rather than learning how to manage your calories in a healthy way. You'll be better served in the long run by eating at your calorie limits. If you get munchy, and don't have enough calories left, exercise until you do. If you tend to get hungry at a certain time, budget for it. If you like "bad" foods, have them in moderation. As long as you have room in your calories and macros, there is no need to restrict yourself. Good luck.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've tried the green coffee bean pills and the raspberry ketones and didn't notice any effects at all but my husband says the green coffee bean ones make him very energetic. I guess everyone's different when it comes to that stuff
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Gaspari Nutrition Detonate, worked well for me but to each their own
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.

Protein, with every meal.
  • brixtonbanner
    brixtonbanner Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would be very very careful of any appetite suppressants
    when I was younger my mother was prescribed little yellow pills that suppressed her appetite.
    They were dexedrine - amphetanines. They were fine at the time and good for you because they helped you lose weight
    Now of course the general opinion on amphetamines is that they are bad for you
    might be a poor analagy but if they make something that mucks about with your metabolism I would bet twenty pounds that at some point in the future people will discover that it is bad for you
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Sleep, water, sunshine, fresh air, fruit and vegetables!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Yes. Food.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Sleep, water, sunshine, fresh air, fruit and vegetables!
    i agree 100% but I add protein and good fat like olive oil, nuts, nut butters and legumes. If you keep yourself satisfied with great food-there is no need for an appetite suppressant. Don't diet!! Live well!!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Yes. Food.
  • alwayskungfu
    Options
    I have a good protein filled breakfast eg: Eggs and bacon ;0)
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Having nearly killed myself on appetite suppressants before, I shun them. Exercise works better, exercise and eating well.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You will eventually have to learn your way around your appetite without any pills (unless you plan on being on them forever.) Best to start building good and healthy habits now rather than putting them off with a pill.
  • mathstudent
    Options
    I've read several studies on diet pills on google scholar, sticking exclusively to meta analyses (which is a study done by a scientist who has done as proper search for studies in a professional manner and is writing about his results) and they all say that no diet pills of any kind work. This is regardless of whether they suppress appetite, speed up metabolism, or whatever. So my advice is to save your money. There is an exception, though, which is fat binders, which generally didn't appear on the list of tested products, so the studies didn't say if they worked or not. Green tea was definitely one of the tested ones, but i haven't heard of the other two that you mention.
  • mistyblu13
    mistyblu13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am trying Saffron hunger caps from GNC now and they seem to help me :)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time getting motivated. I was wondering if there was anything anyone uses for energy or an appetite suppressant?? I hear all kinds of stuff on this green coffee bean, raspberry keotenes, green tea, am curious of any of it benefits you..

No benefits at all, unless you enjoy having less money. :smile:
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've previously been down the phentermine road. It doesn't lead to happiness! Unfortunately they are no magic beans out there. I now do use a decent (doesn't have to mean expensive) protein shake. However, this is just another supplement at the end of the day. Its not a "miracle".
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My favorite appetite suppressant is food.

My teen daughter nearly landed herself in the ER with a heart attack from some diet pills she ordered online.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    protein and fiber! the two best appetite suppressant i can find.