Tea retailers UK

Options
JShailen
JShailen Posts: 184 Member
Hey guys, as the title suggests I'm looking to find an online retailer for loose tea leaves in the UK.

I have searched google but there's quite a few to choose from! I'm interested in orange pekoe and earl grey tea, also jasmine green. Was also thinking of buying a new tea pot with a warmer...and a strainer of course.

Replies

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I've used these guys for a couple of Years now and can recommend them.
    (no connection, just a satisfied customer)

http://www.tea-and-coffee.com/
  • JShailen
    Options
    Thanks! I haven't come across that site in my search, lots of options there.
  • SarahLascelles1
    SarahLascelles1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Adagio.com are good. Their hazelnut black tea is lovely.
    Whittards have a reasonable selection.
    Imperial tea company
    Tea Palace.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Teapigs (www.teapigs.co.uk) - great tea, and they sell pretty much everything in little sample sizes so you can try different kinds without spending a load of money on a big bag. They do an amazing liquorice and mint tea - I never thought I'd be one for unusual flavours, but it's an amazing sweet treat without the calories. They also sell some very cute teapots, plus infusers and all the rest of the accessories.
  • rigden1992c
    rigden1992c Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Whittards! They've really taken off with their loose teas and they have both basic and pretty strainers :)
  • JShailen
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!
    Teapigs (www.teapigs.co.uk) - great tea, and they sell pretty much everything in little sample sizes so you can try different kinds without spending a load of money on a big bag. They do an amazing liquorice and mint tea - I never thought I'd be one for unusual flavours, but it's an amazing sweet treat without the calories. They also sell some very cute teapots, plus infusers and all the rest of the accessories.

I'm looking at getting a new teapot with infuser, I'm wondering if it would be better for me to invest in a warmer as well? My current teapot is useless at keeping tea warm...or maybe I should just get a sturdy teapot, like cast iron. Hm, decisions decisions...
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    It isn't online but if you see Ahmad Tea in the store, that's pretty good. Got Aromatic Earl Grey, 500 grams for 7 Euros or so, imported to Germany and still that cheap.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ahmad Tea is great! I love the Ceylon.
  • JShailen
    Options
    Cool I'll definitely look out for it. Never heard of it though. I usually stick with twinings for my earl Grey but want a change. Plus the few times I've had loose tea it's been delicious.