C25k w5d3

Options
caitlinrn83
caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
edited May 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
...tomorrow.

I think I can! 5 weeks ago, I could barely survive the 60 seconds and tomorrow I'm aiming for 20 minutes. Holy macaroni and cheese, batman.

Replies

• rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    C25K?
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    rakowskidp wrote: »
    C25K?

Yes. Sorry! Didn't realize I had left that off!
  • rakowskidp
    Options
    Yes. Sorry! Didn't realize I had left that off!

:smile:

It's a great program. Stick with it and you'll be ripping it up on race day in no time!
  • ssakcik
    ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I posted a similar post last week... And I did it!!! Once I got past the 8-10 minutes I knew that I could do it... I did week 6 day2 yesterday and from now on there's no intervals... Gulp! Lol
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You will do it!! I did, anyone can! You won't even miss that little walking break in the middle.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    ...tomorrow.

I think I can! 5 weeks ago, I could barely survive the 60 seconds and tomorrow I'm aiming for 20 minutes. Holy macaroni and cheese, batman.

That one was a real break through for me.

Once I got past 10 minutes I wasnt dying so kept going. Then it was 8 minutes to go, then 5... by that time knew I was going to finish the 20, there was no way it wasnt going to happen.

Afterwards I couldnt believe what I had done, it was a real "moment" for me

Good luck! Im sure you will be fine ;O)
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    Thanks, y'all!!! I survived the 8/5/8 day better than I thought, so I'm excited/terrified/let's DO this about tomorrow morning!!
    I have seen so may people post their successes with c25k and I can't wait to join you!
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @caitlinrn83, you'll do great! I've had so many weeks with Z5K where I peeked ahead at the workout and was like WHAAAT, I CAN'T DO THAT!!! and omg, it feels so amazing to realize that it's totally doable! You'll kick butt!
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I just did, today, like an hour ago :wink: I am so proud of myself that I made it and I know you will as well. Good luck girl!
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    inka912 wrote: »
    You can do it! I just did, today, like an hour ago :wink:

Good job!!!! Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be joining you in the success circle. But even if I don't, the fact that I'm looking forward the the challenge is a success in and of itself.

• wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Good job!!!! Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll be joining you in the success circle. But even if I don't, the fact that I'm looking forward the the challenge is a success in and of itself.

You'll do well. You've got the right attitude.

And just look at how you're lapping the You that didn't start c25k five weeks ago! Keep at it, runner!
  • samhennings
    Options

How did it go?
  • samhennings
    Options
    Woo! Well done.

How was it? Ready for more?
  • ssakcik
    Options
    Well done!!! Feels great doesn't it! Wk6d3 in the books here..
  • BeardedBadas
    BeardedBadas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're all fantastic, fair play to ye. I just completed W1D1 today followed by 31 burpees (burpee app program) and I admit, I was tested to finish it. I don't know how I'll manage when it progressively gets harder.
    In 45 mins I'll have been off cigarettes for only 24 hrs..after 17 years of smoking, drinking and sitting on the couch , I really want to achieve and complete this C25K.
    I take my hat off to you ladies and gents, inspirational!
  • samhennings
    Options
    Just stick to the program, it works.

You dont think it will, but it does!

• ssakcik
    Options
    Totally agree with @samhennings
    Trust the programme. It works
  • rakowskidp
    Options
    RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

I FEEL LIKE A ROCK STAR!!

Thank you for the encouragement, y'all! W5D3 is in the books!!

Awwww yeah! Well done!

So I've been following my trainer's plan, which started at a 3 min. walk, 5 min. run pattern for 30 minutes. This morning, I intended to increase running by 1 and decrease walking by 1. But, I felt a bit sick to my stomach to start, so I decided to hold to the previous plan. My first run segment started at the 3-minute mark. I hit 8 minutes and had enough energy to continue. So, I decided to go as long as I could, and it ended up being 18 minutes! Then I finished with 4.5 walk, 4.5 run, for a total of 7.5 walk, 22.5 run (an increase in running time of 4.5 minutes). I can do this!
  • caitlinrn83
    Options
    In 45 mins I'll have been off cigarettes for only 24 hrs..after 17 years of smoking, drinking and sitting on the couch , I really want to achieve and complete this C25K.
    I take my hat off to you ladies and gents, inspirational!

Former smoker here! Sticking with the C25K program was the easiest way to quit ever. As you progress through the days and realize JUST HOW MUCH cigarettes are slowing your progress, it makes putting them down easier and easier. 6 weeks since my last. You CAN and WILL.