Replies

• pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    edited May 2016
    BekahC1980 wrote: »
    pcpop7 wrote: »
    I use chicken

And fish. It's great for protein

Beef jerky is a handy snack and even some nuts and beans too are good I heard.

I reckon if I put some chocolate on my chicken I could sell it at a ridiculous mark up. :#

Brb trademarking Chockin
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    I use chicken

I reckon if I put some chocolate on my chicken I could sell it at a ridiculous mark up. :#

Brb trademarking Chockin
    Mmmmmm chocolate chicken... Will it be dark chocolate?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I use chicken

Brb trademarking Chockin
    Mmmmmmgross.
    Unless there is chili in that chocolate. ;)
    Maybe not.

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Another vote for Quest or Pure Protein. Your mileage may vary with the Quest bars - the ones at my local grocery store are soft and awesome, but the ones at my gym have obviously been stored improperly and are hard as a rock. The ones I ordered from Amazon had melted during storage/transport and resolidified, and all the chocolate chunk pieces fell to the bottom of the bar.
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 141 Member
    I'm a huge fan of the Oh Yeah ONE bars - fantastic flavor. I'd recommend the Lemon Cake, White Chocolate Raspberry or Birthday Cake :smile:
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    I'm a huge fan of the Oh Yeah ONE bars - fantastic flavor. I'd recommend the Lemon Cake, White Chocolate Raspberry or Birthday Cake :smile:

I'm just waiting for them to hit the uk
    I got a massive sweet tooth :D

• lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    muscle tech mission 1s. pure protein. quests. oh yeah victory bars (little bit higher than rest but yummy). d's naturals no cow bars.
  • Mommato5b1g
    Mommato5b1g Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2016
    janjunie wrote: »
    Pure protein- chocolate Carmel peanut butter flavour

Combat crunch- all flavours

I love the Pure Protein chocolate caramel peanut butter bars! The chocolate coconut ones are really yummy too!
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Cool...some new protein bars to check out.

And, as far as this:
    I use chicken
    I use chicken

Yeah, I eat chicken, but I don't want it for breakfast and it isn't the best to just toss in your purse and take along.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Actually they do taste better when they are cold.
  • Jazzykatt
    Jazzykatt Posts: 38 Member
    Quest chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry. Oh so good. I feel like I'm cheeting.
  • pcpop7
    ilex70 wrote: »
    Cool...some new protein bars to check out.

And, as far as this:
    I use chicken
    I use chicken

Yeah, I eat chicken, but I don't want it for breakfast and it isn't the best to just toss in your purse and take along.

I put it in my mouth. Chicken is always better in your mouth.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Quest, Pure Protein, and Premier Protein.

I like the taste of Clif bars too, but they're full of sugar and carbs so they always trigger binges for me. So..I ended up giving them away. If you're into that kind of thing though..
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    I use chicken

And OP asked about protein bars.....or maybe you 2 missed that.

OP, I like Quest, low NET carbs, under 200 calories tastes good.

• pcpop7
    edited May 2016
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I use chicken

And OP asked about protein bars.....or maybe you 2 missed that.

OP, I like Quest, low NET carbs, under 200 calories tastes good.

So cut the chicken in a bar shape. Doh.

Let me help http://uk.iherb.com/Epic-Bar-Chicken-Sriracha-Bar-12-Bars-1-5-oz-43-g-Each/64316?CAWELAID=120225380000006580&gclid=CKet9oOm18wCFTUz0wodQC0BJw
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    janjunie wrote: »
    Pure protein- chocolate Carmel peanut butter flavour

Combat crunch- all flavours

I love the Pure Protein chocolate caramel peanut butter bars! The chocolate coconut ones are really yummy too!

Yummm I love coconut, I'll have to keep an eye out for those.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Isn't there some kind of "protein bar" that's made of meat? It's like bison or something. Looks like a giant Slim Jim. I can't remember the name of it. @pcpop7 probably knows :p
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    I'll second the Quest chocolate chip cookie dough!
  • RunnerMan1ac
    RunnerMan1ac Posts: 4 Member
    Mission1 bars are clean, good protein and fiber, can get them at walmart love them
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    edited May 2016
    I like pretty much all protein bars. I buy them if I'm at a gas station and want a quick meal, for example. I'll add in some fruit since it seems like all gas stations carry fruit now. I also like protein bars because I ought to be getting 100+ g of protein per day assuming I'm right about my amount of lean mass, and I rarely do.

The important thing to remember is that many of them are glorified candy bars. This is not necessarily a bad thing; it's just that some people have the wrong idea about them. Sometimes I eat the candy bar types; sometimes I eat the "clean" types.

Powerbars are tasty but aren't as filling to me. MetRX is fine. Think Thin is edible but my least favorite as far as flavor. Quest bars are tasty. Mission 1 bars have a nice, dense texture and are low in carbs. Zone Perfect bars are too easy to compulsively eat for me - they're sweet. Cliff bars, which are really just chewy bars of sugar and have very little protein, are FREAKING DELICIOUS. Another thing to remember is that a lot of them label their calories and carbs by net carbs. That's something I don't like. It's a bit of a gray area. If you add up the grams of macros and look at the calories listed, you'll see what I mean.