Lunch and snack ideas

Well as a yo yo dieter of the last 8 years, I have really got to kick myself up the backside now as my health and body are suffering. I am just short of 20 stone and every day I feel like a failure as I cant stick anything out, but with my back hurting, circulation problems in my legs and arms, breathing problems and general non existent confidence, I feel this is my last chance as I dont have a life and my relationships are suffering while my relationship with food and drink seems to be the only thing going strong.

I am currently sitting here reading through various dieting books for ideas for low calorie meals and hitting a wall with lunches and snacks. I am not a big fan of sandwiches or salad but it might be because I dont know how to make them interesting and imaginative. As for snacks, I have been eating those go-ahead bars but they dont fill me up and I reckon they are probably packed full of sugar. Can anyone help with ideas that are tasty and easy to make?

I got a fitbit last christmas and have hit 10k of steps since owning it, this is something that I want to really try and step up on (excuse the pun) and am currently looking into good walking routes around my home and whilst at work.

I like to think that I am generally a cheery person who puts on a front but this is getting me down each day that I dont do anything, any help or suggestions welcome :-) I guess talking about this is the first step and hopefully finding people who from their own experience can give me any pointers.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I love salads and they are probably my most common lunch but I do change the toppings frequently...nuts, dried fruits, tuna or chicken if you are a meat eater, veggies cooked or raw, anything can go on a bunch of lettuce, plus for me the key is homemade dressing - nothing in the grocery store is ever going to be as good as the simplest homemade dressing. My second most common lunch is leftovers from whatever I had for dinner the night before, so spaghetti, or sauté veggies, or fish, or anything. I try to cook a little extra when I make dinner to ensure some kind of leftovers either plain or on lettuce.
  • AmyCollins84
    AmyCollins84 Posts: 4 Member
    Ooh I have never thought to add dried fruit and nuts, I'll give that a go. I think I need to do some research into making dressing as just having low fat mayo is very boring. Left over dinners maybe the best option for me thinking about it :-)