Stuck at 203 for almost two weeks!!

Options
I'm 28, 5'8", currently 203.8 and a mother of two. I'm also 3 months postpartum.

I was 135 in high school :( of course PCOS set in and I gained 70 pounds in less than 6 months. For those of you who aren't familiar with PCOS, It can cause severe weight gain for seemingly no reason. I can literally eat lettuce and still gain. It's hard to stay positive.

So for the last 10 years, I've been in the 200-230 range. I can't seem to shake it. With my first pregnancy, I was 202 when I got pregnant and 224 the day I had her at full-term. I was back to 201 within a couple days. With my second pregnancy, I was at my lowest weight in a decade, 191, when I got pregnant. I was 217 when I gave birth to her, full-term, and was down to 201 a couple days later. I've been exclusively breastfeeding her and you'd think that would melt away the pounds but NOT THIS MAMA. ugh!! Within a MONTH I was back to 217 pounds :( I wasn't calorie counting and I was soooo incredibly hungry and thirsty during the first month of breastfeeding. Once I weighed and saw how bad I was, I saw my doc and he recommended 1700-1800 calories a day as long as I'm BF. I've lost weight but now I'm stuck again. Thoughts?

Starting date: 3/29/16
Starting weight: 217
Today's date: 5/12/16
Today's weight: 203.8
Weight loss in the last 10 days: NONE!!!!

I'm not exercising YET but I'm a stay at home mom with two kids under 4 and a ton of chores so I'm kinda hoping to find a living room workout I can do. I'm also trying my hardest to drink a gallon of water a day. I've been eating the same breakfast every morning: 3 egg & ham biscuits (not frozen, but cooked up). That's where the majority of my calories are each day, around 900-1000. My baby is usually pretty hungry at the beginning of the day and I'm up doing chores and cleaning so I don't see it as a big deal. I try to eat a light lunch and a light dinner but I'm still maintaining the same weight for almost two weeks. I've had success with a keto-based diet before, dropping 15 pounds in two weeks, but I'm no longer working and I'm distracted by the kitchen and doubt I can do it again. :(

Help!! :(

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. Sometimes you lose, gain or maintain.

Are you weighing your food? 900-1000 seems awfully scarily low, especially if you're breastfeeding (Oops, before coffee...didn't realise you meant breakfast was those calories...never mind) How many calories are you intaking in a day? Also, it has been only 2 weeks. Weigh all your solid and semi solid foods in grams on a food scale, and change your expectations. Losing .5-2lbs per week is a safe sustainable weight loss. If you're going to weigh every day use an app like trendweight to record daily weight since the downward trend is really what matters over time. If you don't feel like recording daily weight, weigh once a week, same conditions same time of day on a hard surface.

Can you please open your diary?
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend the book "The PCOS Diet" by Hillary Wright. It has been a lifechanger for me (I have PCOS also). And talk to your doctor about Metformin. I don't know if it's okay when breastfeeding, but your doctor could tell you. It has made all the difference for me.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    10 days without losing is annoying, but it happens sometimes.

Just stay the course and the scale will move downward again.

It may even drop a good bit all at once. Or maybe a little and then quickly a bit more.

ETA: Checked my chart and I've had a couple of stalls that went 10 -12 days. I've kept going and I'm not planning to quit yet. I would link the weight report chart, but never quite figured out how, nor how to do a screenshot on a netbook.