Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Sports Drink vs Water

2»

Replies

• luluincaluluinca Posts: 3,385Member Member Posts: 3,385Member Member
    @Dr1nkbleachndye, thanks for the info. I can't get through an early morning lifting routine, with some cardio thrown in, without both the calories and the potassium so I appreciate the affirmation. Not sure I need the sugar like you.

I'm wondering if I should bring some with me on my runs, mixed in with my water. I may try that to see if it keeps me from running out of steam. I can't stand sports drinks..........yuck!

Not sure I could drink the added salt though..... :#
  • Dr1nkbleachndyeDr1nkbleachndye Posts: 445Member Member Posts: 445Member Member
    luluinca wrote: »
    @Dr1nkbleachndye, thanks for the info. I can't get through an early morning lifting routine, with some cardio thrown in, without both the calories and the potassium so I appreciate the affirmation. Not sure I need the sugar like you.

I'm wondering if I should bring some with me on my runs, mixed in with my water. I may try that to see if it keeps me from running out of steam. I can't stand sports drinks..........yuck!

lol the salt is tough. But honestly, u can get yourself a zero calorie liquid that u add to water like mio or something, and then add yourself a half a teaspoon of pink Himalayan.

Try coconut water though when u run, it will stave off cramping for sure.
    edited May 2016
  • luluincaluluinca Posts: 3,385Member Member Posts: 3,385Member Member
    luluinca wrote: »

lol the salt is tough. But honestly, u can get yourself a zero calorie liquid that u add to water like mio or something, and then add yourself a half a teaspoon of pink Himalayan.

Try coconut water though when u run, it will stave off cramping for sure.

Thanks for all the great info!
  • Carlos_421Carlos_421 Posts: 4,926Member, Premium Member Posts: 4,926Member, Premium Member
    Sports drinks all the way every day.

Water has been shown to be toxic and even deadly at high doses. Inhaled, it can kill in just minutes.
    Do you want a substance like that in your body? I don't.
    I learned this from a website which is not a sensationalist website and is based on scientific fact.

Studies have also shown that water is as addictive as crack cocaine. Water addicts have horrible withdrawal symptoms when they try to quit.

#quitbeforeyoustart
  • charleycarteecharleycartee Posts: 49Member Member Posts: 49Member Member
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Brawndo.
    it's what plants crave

• DorkothyParkerDorkothyParker Posts: 618Member Member Posts: 618Member Member
    Sports drinks are not for me. But I do supplement with bouillon and take magnesium every day.

I can see myself needing some pickle juice on my half-marathon day coming up, though.
  • butterfli7obutterfli7o Posts: 1,314Member Member Posts: 1,314Member Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Sports drinks all the way every day.

Water has been shown to be toxic and even deadly at high doses. Inhaled, it can kill in just minutes.
    Do you want a substance like that in your body? I don't.
    I learned this from a website which is not a sensationalist website and is based on scientific fact.

Studies have also shown that water is as addictive as crack cocaine. Water addicts have horrible withdrawal symptoms when they try to quit.

#quitbeforeyoustart

:D
  • fishgutzyfishgutzy Posts: 2,824Member Member Posts: 2,824Member Member
    Even consuming a quart of water while swimming 4 miles I still lose at least another half gallon of water (about 4 pounds) So I add electrolyte replacement (propel pack or MIO fit) to the water. Also helps fend off calf cramps while I'm swimming.
  • fishgutzyfishgutzy Posts: 2,824Member Member Posts: 2,824Member Member
    Sports drinks are not for me. But I do supplement with bouillon and take magnesium every day.

I can see myself needing some pickle juice on my half-marathon day coming up, though.

Some have to be careful regarding magnesium supplements. It can cause bone spurs in some.

Mustard is another good natural source.