White bread belly bulge

Options
2»

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    My experience is that wheat bread or 7 grain bread, any high fiber breads cause bloat than the refined more processed white flour breads. I think it has to do with the heavier coarser grains having to spend more time in the digestive track. It seems to be mor work for the body to digest the unprocessed coarse grain than refined processed flour in baked goods. I don't know why everybody thinks heavy grains ar good for digestive bloat and constipation. :*
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I feel like white flour bloats my stomach.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Maybe also try switching to an lower calorie whole grain bread? 220 calories is a lot just to eat bread. I can have a whole sandwich with meat, cheese and mayo for your two bread slices.

It's 110 calories per slice...pretty low calorie as bread goes.

OP...I'd wager that your roll is larger and more calories than your two slices of wheat bread. There's not a tremendous difference between white and whole grain bread save for one has more fiber...
  • ummijaaz560
    ummijaaz560 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Maybe also try switching to an lower calorie whole grain bread? 220 calories is a lot just to eat bread. I can have a whole sandwich with meat, cheese and mayo for your two bread slices.

It's 110 calories per slice...pretty low calorie as bread goes.

OP...I'd wager that your roll is larger and more calories than your two slices of wheat bread. There's not a tremendous difference between white and whole grain bread save for one has more fiber...

My 100% whole wheat breads are 60 calories per slice. A lot of people mention they also like the Sara Lee and nature's harvest breads that are as low as 40 calories per slice.