Fitbit distances not matching Endomondo?

Options
I always walk with Endomondo and fitbit Charge HR and the mileage never matches, anyone else notice this?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If your GPS signal comes and goes Emdomondo will lose some distance. Fitbit is more accurate imo if you have set your stride length in the app.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    The GPS is going to provide more exact mileage (as long as it is activated the entire walk/run) where the Charge HR is step based with no GPS. Also the Charge HR would need to miticulously be calibrated (setup in the app after measuring and customized in the software) to your exact steps count for both running/walking for both to match exactly.
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    In the Fitbit app under settings you can set your actual stride length for walking or running. Also on the Fitbit app for Android you can go to "Track Your Exercise" and click on the stopwatch icon in the upper right corner. Choose your activity (walk, run or hike), then click the red arrow in the lower right. This will start GPS tracking using the app. It will save a Google map of your walk route and log time, distance, pace, heart rate, calories and steps.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,226 Member
    Options
    One uses step count and stride length, the other uses a GPS. Both have their limits, but there is very little likelihood they will match since while stride length is pretty consistent, there will be strides that are a little shorter and a little longer. GPS accuracy would depend on how well your GPS functions. The one on my previous phone was fairly accurate, but the one on my new phone is far better.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The GPS is far more accurate than the fitbit, The fitbit is usually off about a half a mile......I have an iphone and I am not sure that my app has that option to track your exercise........
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The GPS is far more accurate than the fitbit, The fitbit is usually off about a half a mile......I have an iphone and I am not sure that my app has that option to track your exercise........

Your app does have an option to use GPS to track your walk.
    • Open app
    • Tap Exercise
    • Top right hand corner there is a gear and a stop watch
    • Tap the stop watch
    • Options are Tracking using phone GPS (can switch it from Run, Walk, or Hike) or Log Previous (this allows you to log any exercise you did)
    Your fitbit is probably off if you haven't measured and entered your stride length into the device settings. This is important if you want the distance displayed on your device to be accurate.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I will have to try this tomorrow when I walk and see.........Thanks!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I use my fitbit and Endomondo. I use Endomondo to track my milage and time. I go with fitbit for calories, Endomondo estimates calorie burn really high.