Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New and trying to get my weight under control

Hi, to make a long story short I'm new to this and I'm starting at the highest weight I've ever been. I want to loose around 143 pounds. I'm scared to do this but I know I need to to get back on the right track. I would like to have some peeps that can give an encouraging word or two. Thanks.

Replies

• queenbartleygal
    queenbartleygal Posts: 4 Member
    Hi I'm trying for 120. What's ur work out plan like?
  • DeliliahtheCat
    DeliliahtheCat Posts: 2 Member
    Right now I'm not on one yet because of pending knee surgery, but I'm walking as much as I can atm.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Welcome!
    I'm a big believer in logging your food accurately; even if your not changing your eating habits. It helps knowing what you put inside your body.
    Best of luck!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Hey so the biggest thing you can do is in the kitchen not the gym. While I love working out and am a gym rat of sorts, getting started you need to get a food scale, measure and weigh everything you eat. Figure out what your total daily calorie burn is and then get in a deficit. somewhere 10-20% probably. I wouldn't go higher than 20% so you don't end up binge eating or falling off.

Good luck!!
  • catelee_03
    catelee_03 Posts: 15 Member
    you can add me! :smile:
  • daniel_ormsbee
    daniel_ormsbee Posts: 2 Member
    It's great to see everyone on here coming together like this :) here's my story. When I was 17, I weighed 408 lbs. I managed to get that down to 242 lbs by 21. And then I lost all motivation. I'm 23 now and weigh 334 lbs, which is down from 347 a week ago. I'm determined to save my life and be my best self!