Hair falling out..

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I try to keep my dirt as balanced as possible, and i almost always eat close to my calorie allowance. I did start drinking a lot of diet pop at the beginning of all this (still do)..

I have shortened my intake of red meat and pork but i do eat a lot of chicken, turkey & fish.. But red meat maybe 1-2 times a month..

Thank you all for the feed back.

Also to answer other questions, nope no babies lol, im not sure about the thyroid or pcos havent been checked in a while..

We'll seeeee.

It's not severe so far just seems to be losing more strands than usual

Did you have a stressful event 2-6 months ago?

What's your plan? Are you going to the doctor's to get various levels checked?

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I try to keep my dirt as balanced as possible, and i almost always eat close to my calorie allowance. I did start drinking a lot of diet pop at the beginning of all this (still do)..

I have shortened my intake of red meat and pork but i do eat a lot of chicken, turkey & fish.. But red meat maybe 1-2 times a month..

Thank you all for the feed back.

Also to answer other questions, nope no babies lol, im not sure about the thyroid or pcos havent been checked in a while..

We'll seeeee.

It's not severe so far just seems to be losing more strands than usual

But what's the calorie allowance and how much are you exercising? assuming you're worried about the few extra strands, that is
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing your hair pulled back in a ponytail tail more often? We lose about 100 strands a day, if it's pulled back, those strands aren't falling out and when you shower you may be seeing those.

Anyway that's what I experience when I wear my hair pulled back regularly.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my hair from anaemia.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    See a doctor, doctor Google doesn't know what it's talking about
  • moonchildisme
    moonchildisme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I lost a bit of weight and the doc told me that it is part of it
  • earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Iron deficiency can cause hair loss.
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have iron deficiency and it makes me lose some hair. Also its common to lose 100 or so hairs a day (idk who counted to figure it out.) anyway if you wear your hair up a lot or don't brush it all day, when you shower and you notice it, and it seems like a lot, its likely the hairs that would normally have shed but got caught in your bun.
  • Meggybird
    Meggybird Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know this struggle! The same thing happened to me multiple times, usually during periods of high stress and poor nutrient intake. The solution? Eat more veggies, drink more water, and use coconut oil as a hair mask every time before you wash your hair. Don't worry... it looks greasy when you put it in but it will wash out while leaving your hair super duper soft, shiny and flexible so it breaks less.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    If you aren't eating enough and getting the nutrients you need that can happen. It can also be a sign of thyroid problems. You need to see a doctor about it.

This ^^ hair loss was one of the first signs of my thyroid tanking on me. Worth having it checked.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    What is your current height and weight? And how many calories do you typically consume in a day?

From looking at your profile and seeing that you've been on this site for less than two months and have already lost 41 lbs, there's a chance that you're restricting your calories too much to the point that your body isn't getting the nutrition it needs.

I'm with the others who are advising you to see a doctor. Whatever the cause may be, you should get it resolved before it becomes a bigger problem.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    That happened to me when I went vegan/vegetarian for awhile and I suspect it was due to such a drop in protein. Went back on animal proteins and stopped losing hair

Seriously now? Vegan/vegetarianism provides for plenty of protein. No need to eat animal proteins to ensure a protein-rich diet.