Road Snacks!

Does anyone have suggestions for driving snacks? I'm driving 9 hours this weekend and road trip snacks have traditionally been bad for me. What do you eat when you're driving?

PS, I can't do sunflower seeds... I lack the necessary skills.

Replies

• nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Hummus and snappeas.
    String cheese.
    Turkey pepperettes (50 cals each)
    Raspberries.
    Pre-made fruit salad.
    Greek yogurt, with a granola cereal on top (I love http://ca-en.naturespath.com/product/love-crunchr-dark-chocolate-macaroon)
    Tuna and rice crackers.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Whole strawberries, baby carrots, rye crisp crackers, cheerios regular, baby bell peppers...
  • ipandicorn
    ipandicorn Posts: 6 Member
    Dry roasted edamame. They look disgusting, but taste amazing.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Shelled sunflower seeds! Nuts, dried fruit. Water.
  • raquelita507
    raquelita507 Posts: 1 Member
    I just discovered dry-roasted black edamame. They are a little sweeter- tasting than regular edamame. Cut up carrots and red bell peppers and jicama work for me. Also, grape tomatoes. Beanitos have higher protein and fiber than tortilla chips.
  • Jeffyjoe
    Jeffyjoe Posts: 15 Member
    I work as a delivery driver, so I'm on the road alot. When I'm working I like to keep some bananas in the car with me. They're filling, delicious, and give me energy.
  • marhea
    marhea Posts: 5 Member
    Boiled eggs/egg whites, water, coffee, you can make your own low carb tortilla wraps with turkey deli. Quest brand chips you can get from max muscle store, that is good source of protein is my fave, you will feel full & satisfied!