I need to refind my motivation

Options
I'm majorly slipping after 40 days of doing everything right. To be honest it's right on schedule because this is around the same time I've given up every time before!! I really need to pull it together because I am not giving up this time!! The issue is I've been eating like crap this week and my cravings are back so I'm basically having to start over. I know it's going to be tough but I'm writing this to recommit myself to my journey! I did a good grocery shop today and I am not going to cheat tomorrow. I know this time will be different because I'm aware that I'm close to quiting but I'm pushing past!!!

Replies

• donnamcnulty
    donnamcnulty Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way! ! I'm so aggravated with myself. . I know exactly what I need to do but over and over not doing it. .
    I keep saying what can I do to motivate myself. .
    I'm ashamed to admit it but tonight I actually researched diet pills. . I know better than that..
    Eat less, move more.. no secret formula. .
    I'm hanging on by a thread but definitely not giving up! !
  • rebeccaahopkins93
    rebeccaahopkins93 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. We just need to take it one day at a time! Tomorrow let's eat well and work out!
  • ginnyraye08
    ginnyraye08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome positivity!! You can do this, you're already off to such a great start! Keep pushing like you have been and you will be so happy that you got over this little bump in the road
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Reaching out and letting people know what's going on is great, too! I tend to keep things a secret, and then it compounds into a way bigger problem. Sometimes just sharing what's going on for me helps me get back on track.
  • Grimfeather
    Grimfeather Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Rebecca i read once that professional bodybuilder corey everson eats a candy bar a day and always will. I think what she was trying to say is dont cut everything bad out of your life when you get in shape, find one small thing you can still enjoy while getting healthy. For myself, i cut out soda, chips, lunchmeat and fast food, however once a day for a snack i eat a hershey bar. I still can get under my weight goal and if i want another snack its usually fruit lke a banana or yogurt. Im new here, but in 2 weeks i lost 7 pounds i love this site wish i had found it sooner! I think maybe you should take Corey Everson's advice, find some small treat everyday or every other day and maybe you wont feel like you're being cheated by a diet.
  • rebeccaahopkins93
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the positive posts. I really just to refocus myself and reflect on all the reasons I started this crazy journey anyway. Luckily in the past 2 weeks of on and off slacking I havent gained back any of my progress so I can just pick up where I left. @Grimfeather I agree it should not be an all or nothing thing I always treated myself when I was on track. Unfortunately that has turned into the same bad eating habits I had a month ago. I'm not sure if I just got cocky or lazy but either way it was a reminder that I need to commit myself to my goals everyday and not let myself get off track (or at least be able to pull myself back).
  • Grimfeather
    Grimfeather Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im sure everyone on this site had a few days or even a week or two where they got off track. But, if you did it for 40 days before im sure you will again. Believe in yourself, you can do it!! One day at a time.
  • niciabrighteyes
    niciabrighteyes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that 40 days is a huge achievement. How strict are you when you're on track? Don't forget to allow yourself some not so clean treats so you don't feel restricted. You got this
  • lzap27
    lzap27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yup I had that same few days a couple of weeks ago. But we can't beat ourselves up and we can't do the same things we've been doing. My motto this time is that this time will be different. Twenty years fighting the same weight, and I don't want to make the same mistakes. You can do it!
  • rebeccaahopkins93
    Options
    @niciabrighteyes thank you for your encouragement. I always try not to restrict food because I agree it just leads to failure. I'm strict on my logging because even when I eat badly I log it so I'm happy I've kept up with that. I actually marked down on my calendar last night which days I ate over my limit and which days I stuck to it and was pleasantly surprised that in the past 12 days I ate well 7 days and poorly 5. I honestly thought it was worse than that. Even out of those 5 I only went above maintainence twice! I guess reflecting back I didn't do as badly as I felt I did