Diet pills

Options
Do anyone know of an good diet pill I can take that will assist in my weight loss? I am 325lbs and I been working out since February but I only lost 6 lbs and inches.. But I just started eating right May 1,

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You will not find favorable advice on diet pills here, OP. Aside from being potentially life-threateningly dangerous, they really don't work. Even if they did cause you to drop weight, what do you expect to have happen when you hot your goal weight? If you stop taking them, what's to stop all the weight piling right back on? And if you continue to take them, your heart will get shredded. You seriously could die.

"There is no substitute for hard work", as our good friend Mr. Disney wisely said. Find out how many calories your body needs. Eat 20% fewer calories than that, every day, consistently. You will see results.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Do anyone know of an good diet pill I can take that will assist in my weight loss? I am 325lbs and I been working out since February but I only lost 6 lbs and inches.. But I just started eating right May 1,

If you want something remotely close to safe and useful, you need to take that question to your doctor.

Don't buy anything online or over the counter. At best you're wasting your money, at worst you jeopardize your health.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Can't recommend any,
    Stick with mfp and you will lose the weight. Be prepared for some hard work, but it's worth it in the end
    Good luck,
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yea mfp users hate diet pills for some reason. I however used them for some time and had success. But i now know in hindsight that they were only working for me because i was exercising regularly and ate in a deficit strictly. Read any diet pill bottle and it will say something along the lines of "Will not work unless exercising and dieting". Dont buy them thinking they will magically make you lose weight because you will be disappointed and out some money.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Yea mfp users hate diet pills for some reason. I however used them for some time and had success. But i now know in hindsight that they were only working for me because i was exercising regularly and ate in a deficit strictly. Read any diet pill bottle and it will say something along the lines of "Will not work unless exercising and dieting". Dont buy them thinking they will magically make you lose weight because you will be disappointed and out some money.

How did you figure the pills worked if you were eating at a deficit?
  • Smithworkout2016
    Smithworkout2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »

This. You may as well have credited your lucky hat instead of your magic pills if you were dieting and exercising at the same time!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

If diet pills worked then there would be no fat people....
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Lol "for some reason." Everything you just said about your own experience is the reason, but don't let all us haters knock the placebo pills you love so much.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    OP: anything you can buy without a prescription is either dangerous or useless. Anything you get from the doctor will only work short term and you'll have to pick up on your own eventually...Rx pills also carry the risk of serious long-term health complications. Might as well just find a means of reducing your intake in a way that you can handle now.
  • justincooper405
    justincooper405 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    A good multi vitamin,
    quality fish oil / omega's,
    Kyan pepper/ Red chilli pepper
    Tons of water
    Healthy eating in a calorie deficit

This recipe will kill any legal fat loss supplement and keep you energized so you can stay on a weight loss path.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Um, you're last line answers your question in the first line......not to mention the health risks that come along with many diet pills.
  • djspacecaptain
    Options

I tried many different brands of diet pills the first time i was losing weight. There was 2 brands out of all the ones i tried that actually made me feel like i didn't waste my money. The 2 brands gave me ample amounts of energy, it was like i drank 4-6 cups of coffee and that energy lasted all day long. Working out without the pills i would go for 1.5 hours and only give like 70% energy, working out with the pills i would easily go for 3+ hours and give over 90% energy the entire time. Instead of burning 1000 calories working out without the pills i would get over 2000 while taking them and still had energy left over.

The brands i took had the pills banned (fda changes the regulation all the time) so they had to come out with new series so the pills i took you can no longer buy. I took them over 5 years ago so that may tell you that they might of had funky ingredients. I also tried the newer series and had no such luck.
  • djspacecaptain
    Options

I tried many different brands of diet pills the first time i was losing weight. There was 2 brands out of all the ones i tried that actually made me feel like i didn't waste my money. The 2 brands gave me ample amounts of energy, it was like i drank 4-6 cups of coffee and that energy lasted all day long. Working out without the pills i would go for 1.5 hours and only give like 70% energy, working out with the pills i would easily go for 3+ hours and give over 90% energy the entire time. Instead of burning 1000 calories working out without the pills i would get over 2000 while taking them and still had energy left over.

The brands i took had the pills banned (fda changes the regulation all the time) so they had to come out with new series so the pills i took you can no longer buy. I took them over 5 years ago so that may tell you that they might of had funky ingredients. I also tried the newer series and had no such luck.
  • djspacecaptain
    Options

• djspacecaptain
    Options

Lol "for some reason." Everything you just said about your own experience is the reason, but don't let all us haters knock the placebo pills you love so much.

I never said i loved them i only said i had success with them. They were not placebo trust me. I tried many different brands and only found 2 that actually worked. How do i know they were not placebo you ask? Because the 2 that i took got banned and they had to come out with new series with weaker ingredients. You cannot buy the ones i was taking 5 or so years ago.

So just to throw out; back 10 or so years ago when ephedrine was legal in diet pills, those were placebo too? The only reason why those got banned was because people decided to be stupid and take over the recommended dose.
  • djspacecaptain
    Options

Because when i took the diet pills it was like i drank 4-6 cups of coffee and the energy lasted all day. When i worked out without the pills i would do like 1.5 hours and only exerted around 70% energy. While working out with the pills i would get over 3+ hours and exerted 90% energy and still feel like i can go run a marathon.

Eating in a deficit and the diet i was in was the key to my success since i stuck with it. But the added calories from working out without the pills would be about 1000 and with the pills over 2000 extra calories. So the deficit with my diet was like 600-700, while working out without the pills 1600-1700 ( but i would be tired), and while working out with the pills it would be over 2600 (and i would still be energetic).

• djspacecaptain
    Options
    I should have probably started out saying i am no longer taking diet pills and i think that you do not need them at all to lose weight. Lol, i just believe that with the right ones (90% doesnt work) and utilizing the energy and appetite suppressing you get from them while working out and dieting in a deficit you can get to your goal faster. Like instead of taking a year to get to your goal it will only take 7-8 months. Again with finding the one that works.

In hindsight i know that having a 2,600 calorie deficit was a bit over kill, but man was it quick to get to my goal. This second time with losing weight i am taking it slower.