It's 5:00 somewhere. Let's talk about booze

Options
CindyFooWho
CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
edited May 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I'll bet this has been discussed before, so forgive me if so. Share with me your favorite lower calorie way to drink alcohol.

I focus on calorie free(ish) mixers. Drink of choice right now diet cola with Bacardi or Captain. I NEVER drink soda, diet or otherwise, but love it with my rum.

Seems like the hard stuff is pretty much the way to go, vodka having the fewest calories.

What do you like?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I usually drink red wine, vodka with diet tonic, or bourbon (neat). These, for me, are the best combination of taste/calories.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I have vodka/OJ several times per week.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I don't drink often, but when I do....

White wine spritzers are great.

Vodka+club soda/diet 7up+lemon/lime juice.

Tequila shots.

Gin and juice (ginger juice, if anyone gets that reference ;) )

But leave my margaritas as they are. ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Whiskey or rye, neat or on the rocks. Red wine.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Red Bull and raspberry Stoli is my favorite. 65 calories.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anymore, but when I did it was often fireball whiskey with diet dr. Pepper. Or straight.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Usually vodka with something low or no calorie mixed. Or, buy flavored vodkas and make yummy shots. My favorite is a bit of cherry vodka with a bit of chocolate vodka then a tiny splash of cream all poured into a shot glass. Et voila chocolate covered cherry shooter. Yeah that was a weekend LOL. I don't drink often but I make it count when I do.

I luv <3<3<3 tequila but I only drink it when I know I have nothing to do the next day LOL. Skinny margaritas are pretty good. Or shots. Yummy shots.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Bacardi citrus rum with Lemonade flavored Crystal Light and fresh lime or lemon juice. Citrus vodka works, too.

When going out I order either Bacardi or vodka with soda water and lime and then I carry the single serving Crystal Light packets and add one to my drink. The lemonade / pomegranate is my current favorite.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Prosecco. 500 calories for the bottle.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Haven't found the answer that works for me yet. Currently making sure that Dos Equis Ambar still isn't it.
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas. Not sure about the Red Bull. Too much caffeine makes me chatty. Add alcohol to chatty = not good. lol
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I love my Chardonnay but limit myself to two.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I like prosecco as well (or any other dry sparking wines, really). And Laphroaig or Lagavulin, neat. Occasionally a little red wine.

I don't generally drink more than once a month or so, though, so I really just have whatever I want and don't focus on the calories. Fortunately my tastes run to the not-sweet end anyway so none of my favourites are especially calorific in moderation.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    just give me beer. who cares about the calories :p
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I like Mr. Boston Amaretto, it's $6 for a bottle with tax.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anymore, but when I did it was often fireball whiskey with diet dr. Pepper. Or straight.

Love Fireball. Love Diet Dr. Pepper. This is happening the next time I drink! (Which who knows when that will be, since I haven't had alcohol since Thanksgiving.)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Vanilla vodka in Diet Pepsi Vanilla is about 90 calories...and yummy.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I don't really drink anymore, I have the odd glass of wine but that's pretty much it. I might indulge in some ceasars over the summer because how can you have summer without ceasars? I love ceasars. such noms

(for you americans, it's kind of like a bloody mary, but SO MUCH BETTER)
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love red wine. All the time. In the summer though, I like to go a little lighter, and usually have vodka mixed with a flavored sparkling water - La Croix has good flavors. A squeeze of lime or lemon, and I feel like a fancy pants.

I dig a good margarita, too, BUT if you're looking for a lighter version, order a Paloma. About 185 calories versus a frozen margarita, which can be anywhere from 300-600 calories (depending on your bartender and their methods).
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I drink wine, whiskey, beer, champagne... etc etc ect. I drink sometimes a lot sometimes a little. Sometimes its an insane amount of calories sometimes its not. I love stouts and porters and they are usually calorie high.