SWaT Team Challenge - Week 3

Options

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    To answer johnjely's question - No it doesn't have to be strictly Leslie Sansone dvd's or any kind of dvd. Any kind of walking counts.

To Neeti: It's not to late to join. Look back thru the thread and find the post by our leader Rob (rjm8185). The first challenge ends officially on the 13th but you can still send him your goals for just that time and then you'll be ready to go when the next phase starts on the 14th. And welcome to the SWaT team, it's a great group that Rob got started here.

and I was a slacker today but hope to make up for it over the long weekend! Everybody in the states have a happy 4th of July!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Finished 6 more!

exercise.png
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I did 4 miles of various walking videos last night. It looks like a beautiful day today so I plan on getting outside for a walk later (I'm still going to do a mile or two of videos this morning, though).
    Happy Saturday, everyone!
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone on a job well done! Some of you have already hit your goals. That's amazing! You give me motivation. Thanks!
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    HI
    I'v been sick so that's why i haven't been posting,I'v been walking as much as i can.I'm feeling a lot better now.I lost 3 lbs this week ,i'm excited.
    You all are doing great,Keep it up.i'm going to do leslie's advanced 3 mile today and The firm dvd.Have a great day! Holly
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    Another 2 miles down. Have a wonderful 4th of July.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I ended up doing the WATP 4 Mile Express from the home page of the Walk Club site and I also did 15 minutes of her Fast Firming Walk (it's not really a walk, though, so I didn't count it--it IS a great strength workout, though!).
  • rjm8185
    rjm8185 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just did Leslie Sanaone's 2 mile WalkArobics DVD. Its the hardest one I've done yet. It one of her old one's and its got lots of different steps on it, in fact it gets a bit complicated at times and its 2 miles in about 25 minutes, so its pretty quick too, lots of kick backs and grapevine. Not NICE.

Rob
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hi, hows everyone doing?

exercise.png
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Just did Leslie Sanaone's 2 mile WalkArobics DVD. Its the hardest one I've done yet. It one of her old one's and its got lots of different steps on it, in fact it gets a bit complicated at times and its 2 miles in about 25 minutes, so its pretty quick too, lots of kick backs and grapevine. Not NICE.

Rob

WOW sounds like something I would LOVE. I miss doing aerobics big time...What is the dvd exactly called, I am very interested in finding it! THANKS, Heidi
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    bump
  • rjm8185
    rjm8185 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Rob

WOW sounds like something I would LOVE. I miss doing aerobics big time...What is the dvd exactly called, I am very interested in finding it! THANKS, Heidi

Hi, yes its really good. according to Leslies website its called.
    Live At The Club, It’s Walk~Aerobics by Leslie Sansone VHS (2 miles) (You'll see Nancy, JoAnne, Lucia, & Judy in this first ever Walk Aerobics) 1986

It was only released on Video but I found a place to download it, I can't really say more. You may be able to get a copy from Amazon or Ebay. Good luck
  • SisterC
    SisterC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Whew! I've gotten so busy walking that I forgot to log in my week two miles!! Walked 24 miles for week two...it is raining here now but hope it gets nice out again so I can log in a few more miles for this week...may end up walking with Leslie inside which isn't bad, but love to be outside if the weather is nice.

Thanks, Rob, for starting up this challenge!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Whew! I've gotten so busy walking that I forgot to log in my week two miles!! Walked 24 miles for week two...it is raining here now but hope it gets nice out again so I can log in a few more miles for this week...may end up walking with Leslie inside which isn't bad, but love to be outside if the weather is nice.

Thanks, Rob, for starting up this challenge!

I agree the videos are nice, but the fresh air is the best. Keep walking!!! Heidi
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    I walked 3 miles yesterday and another 3 miles today...meeting my original 50 mile goal ahead of schedule. I plan to walk another 21 miles this upcoming week:happy: I really look forward to walking and really missed it the one day I wasn't able to get a workout in. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Did not get any more walking in this weekend. I went to a baseball game (Rainiers--the minor league team for the Seattle Mariners) last night and caught a foul ball! Had loads of fun and got to see an amazing fireworks display.

We have family visiting for the holiday. gfourthofjuly5.gif Had a barbeque and did pretty well on my food choices but had no time to get any walking in!

Tomorrow is a new day!
  • flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm up to 18 after walking 2 1/2 miles today at the park.
  • jaxi54
    jaxi54 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi everyone! I can't believe just how WELL everyone has done with the June Challenge! I left MFP in early June just after the challenge began because my mother took ill and is still in the hospital. It has played havoc with my health as well and with all the stress, my resistance was shot. I still have the remnants of a viral infection lingering in my chest so I'm still doing a bit of coughing, but I'd sure like to rejoin this group if I'm still welcome.

I'll also be 'refriending' (is that even a word??) those of you who were my support when I was on the June challenge if that's okay.
    I'm planning on starting the WATP program before the end of the week depending on this silly virus but I plan to walk for 50 miles this month!

Looking forward to being part of this group again!

Jaxi :flowerforyou:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hey Jaxi! I'm so glad to see your back and sorry about your mother.

I've been a real slacker this holiday weekend. Didn't mean to but it just ended up that way. I did finally get a workout in today with one of my new DVD's. I did the 5 mile advanced walk and I really liked it. The first mile used 2 lb weights. The 3rd mile used the walk belt and the 5th mile used the stretchy band. Miles 2 and 4 were fast miles with mile 2 using boosted walking. It ran about 66 minutes but went by really fast because there was so much variety!

3 Miles to go for my first goal. Might have to go up just a bit for next month.
  • CarpeDiem10
    Options
    bump to topics